Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: Marist Game        (Topic#12584)
maacballer 
Sophomore

Reg: 03-23-11
12-02-11 08:15 AM - Post#113269    

Good crowd in arena, ran out of beer in the loft, Hounds played solid, not their best, etherly a couple of nice dunks in run, scoring spread around, too many turnovers in first half and start of second, we can can get better

Hounds 05 
Freshman

Reg: 01-03-07
Re: Marist Game
12-02-11 09:41 AM - Post#113272    
    In response to maacballer

Go Hounds!

TCard527 
Freshman

Reg: 01-22-07
12-02-11 10:28 AM - Post#113274    
    In response to Hounds 05

To me this had all the makings of a game that, in previous years, we would choke away after coming back in the second half. To see them come through and put an inferior team away late was a positive and I'm liking the looks of things right now. At worst I think we should be 7-3 heading into Kentucky. I don't know much about GW or St. Bonaventure but I don't see why we shouldn't be able to hang with them and potentially pull out a win in either of those games. We should handle Siena and Mount St. Mary's both easily.

Bang Bang 
Sophomore

Reg: 01-03-07
12-02-11 11:22 AM - Post#113280    
    In response to TCard527

Last night was the first Loyola game I've seen in awhile, and I have to say we do look pretty good this year. I agree, in past years we would have choked, but we made a couple great runs in the second half to pull ahead after a game of back-and-forth. I think the team has some great confidence with pretty good talent at all positions.

Etherly is fantastic, I love that we have a back to the basket player finally that can score. My biggest surprise, probably because I haven't seen him play since he was a freshman, is Olsen. He is a spot up shooter, and knows how to cut through the lane. He had a few good cuts that if the passers made better passes would have been easy layups. RJ has great on ball defense. Cornier is a tough player on both ends too, he muscled a couple layups around some big men. I gotta say, I like this squad and look forward to seeing more games. Good win too.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.533 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:46 PM