Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: URI        (Topic#12692)
Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
12-19-11 03:47 PM - Post#114659    

We haven't heard much from the B'dogs on this Board and I would have expected more given the 8 -2 start. That said, I watched the URI game and was not all that impressed. URI was without their leading scorer (suspended) and their Frosh PG got injured in the first half. URI was awful (16 of 29) from the foul line vs. 19 of 22 for Yale and Yale benefited from a 5 pt. play (yep, that's right) in the last 30 secs. to win. URI was up 2 with 18 secs. left and Morgan put up a 3. It went in and URI's Harris tried to go over Kreisburg to block the shot. Kreisburg made both to put Yale up by 3. It's hard to believe the foul wasn't either before or after the shot.

That said, I'd rather have Kreisburg than Mangano and those who think Mangano has a shot at getting draft interest may need to reconsider. He was not impressive, I'd take Matt Mullary, but then, i'm not objective.
URI is pretty bad but very athletic, they should get better with 2 transfers playing this week, and I'll give Yale the benefit of rust from the layoff. Yale still should be in the top half of the league but I don't see them challenging Harvard.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.441 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:21 AM