Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: Manhattan        (Topic#12794)
maacballer 
Sophomore

Reg: 03-23-11
01-05-12 06:17 PM - Post#115961    

key is getting off to a good start vs Manhattan, hopefully latham will be back,to back up etherly and walker, winbush looked awful tracking down three point shooters the other night

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
Reg: 02-08-07
01-05-12 09:33 PM - Post#115978    
    In response to maacballer

Hounds up 31-30 at the half in what has been a choppy foul plagued game. No flow whatsoever. Hopefully the hounds can find a rhythm in the 2nd half gotta win this game after the niagara letdown.
It's Not Worth Winning if You Can't Win Big

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
Reg: 02-08-07
01-05-12 10:55 PM - Post#115980    
    In response to loco09

Cormier with the huge 3 to win the game for the Hounds. Nice way to get win #10. I thought RJ and Olson both played well too. This was a big win after the Niagara loss, got to take care of Canisius on Sunday.
It's Not Worth Winning if You Can't Win Big

LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
01-05-12 11:24 PM - Post#115981    
    In response to loco09

elaborated more on the maac board.. but wow does Shane Walker pi.ss me off... he was absolutely terrible tonight.. offensively and defensively.. Why he thinks a 6'10" guy should be jacking up 3's is beyond me. Twice he failed to find Olsen open for a 3.. One time he took the 3 himself (with 2 guys on him and 3 seconds left on the shot clock... still time to pass it 2 feet over to Olsen imo) and the other time he just turned the ball over instead.

Olsen was on tonight and it bothers me that Walker wouldn't have realized it and been on the lookout for him and instead selfishly chucked up god awful looking 3's. Why Patsos and co. don't teach the kid some post moves that don't end in a fade away.. or that are actually effective... is beyond me. He's been here long enough, we still shouldn't be talking about him exerting himself enough as a big man.

Not to pile it all on Walker though, didn't think Etherly looked all that good tonight either.. less explosive, a lot more tentatively than he usually is.

All that being said.. we won the game so as long as that keeps happening you really can't have too many complaints. Cormier with a clutch 3 and Olsen had a great game (fell into foul trouble in the 1st half.. probably cost us from this being a more comfortable win) Speaking of that, wow does this team foul a lot.. I think we're in the bonus at the 10 minute mark in every single half, needs to be cleaned up.

maacballer 
Sophomore

Reg: 03-23-11
01-06-12 09:04 AM - Post#115990    
    In response to LoCo2011

a few of our guys don't see the court very well and either shoot or drive all the time, drummond especially can't handle or pass, there was a fast break where olsen was wide open and he drove on two guys and missed, cormier is quilty of that too, the better teams aren't like this, we won't be effective against elite teams until the attitude or skills improve

Bang Bang 
Sophomore

Reg: 01-03-07
01-09-12 12:41 PM - Post#116232    
    In response to maacballer

To speak to Etherly's game, they did a lot of 2-3 zone and we can't get the ball inside on that, instead passing around the perimeter, five feet away from the 3-point line. It was an awful game for both teams, but we got lucky and pulled out a win from Cormier who struggled all game offensively.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.097 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:05 AM