Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: st peters game        (Topic#13025)
maacballer 
Sophomore

Reg: 03-23-11
02-05-12 03:52 PM - Post#119510    

good efforts guys

Hounds 05 
Freshman

Reg: 01-03-07
Re: st peters game
02-05-12 03:56 PM - Post#119513    
    In response to maacballer

Haha showed up at 2:05 and was told the game was over and the team was already on the bus home to Bmore. They moved the game up to noon from 2pm because of the Superbowl .... welp ... missed that one

go hounds

WOFM 
Freshman

Reg: 02-24-11
Re: st peters game
02-05-12 04:05 PM - Post#119516    

Held serve in Jersey City, which was expected, but what I noticed more than anything was Etherly was 7-11 shooting today.

I have him at 23-34 in his last 4 games (since St Peters game at home), an impressive 68%.

I have not been able to see any of these games, is he getting better at converting down low or is this just bad defense?

Boy, if he can become an offensive option that would be huge.

Looking forward to Fri night, I expect another sellout at Evergreen, glad it's on ESPNU

maacballer 
Sophomore

02-05-12 04:52 PM - Post#119524    
    In response to WOFM

couple of put backs and down low feeds

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
Reg: 02-08-07
02-05-12 05:17 PM - Post#119530    

It wasnt the prettiest win but the Hounds look to have taken control early and just kept the lead around 10-12 pts. Good to Etherly and Walker playing well and Olson is really stepping up which is huge for us. Hopefully Cormier can get his scoring touch back for Friday.

BTW i received a tweet from someone in the athletic dept that said there are no more tickets available to the public for friday's game against Iona. Students and staff can pick up tickets but as of now no more are being sold but some may be available on gameday.
It's Not Worth Winning if You Can't Win Big

jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
Loc: New York
Reg: 07-20-06
02-05-12 05:32 PM - Post#119531    
    In response to loco09

• loco09 Said:
It wasnt the prettiest win but the Hounds look to have taken control early and just kept the lead around 10-12 pts. Good to Etherly and Walker playing well and Olson is really stepping up which is huge for us. Hopefully Cormier can get his scoring touch back for Friday.

BTW i received a tweet from someone in the athletic dept that said there are no more tickets available to the public for friday's game against Iona. Students and staff can pick up tickets but as of now no more are being sold but some may be available on gameday.

I don't think it is hyperbole to say that Friday night's game at Reitz will be the biggest home game in the program's history.

WOFM 
Freshman

02-05-12 05:35 PM - Post#119532    

• maacballer Said:
couple of put backs and down low feeds

And he normally misses a ton of those...if all he does is convert from in close, that's 15-18 ppg

maacballer 
Sophomore

02-05-12 06:52 PM - Post#119541    
    In response to WOFM

he is shooting 50 % or so for the season, what are you saying

WOFM 
Freshman

02-05-12 11:43 PM - Post#119555    

• maacballer Said:

Sure he is now....he just shot 68% over his last 4 games!

Not really going by shooting %, all I know is the games I've seen it seems like he misses a large number of in close shots. Just saying if he makes more of those, gives us an even stronger inside scoring threat.

Not trying to be critical of Etherly at all, I love what he brings night in and night out. Just sometimes feels like his hard work goes for naught when he misses those chippies underneath, that's all

maacballer 
Sophomore

02-06-12 12:04 AM - Post#119558    
    In response to WOFM

he has had a really solid year, he is athletic and only 6-7 , not a typical post player

LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
02-06-12 11:15 AM - Post#119578    
    In response to WOFM

• WOFM Said:
  • maacballer Said:

Sure he is now....he just shot 68% over his last 4 games!

Not really going by shooting %, all I know is the games I've seen it seems like he misses a large number of in close shots. Just saying if he makes more of those, gives us an even stronger inside scoring threat.

Not trying to be critical of Etherly at all, I love what he brings night in and night out. Just sometimes feels like his hard work goes for naught when he misses those chippies underneath, that's all

Yeah Etherly has been pretty notorious for missing easy put backs... especially when he goes up right handed.. He's looked better recently, which is definitely the point that he was making.

And 68% is what a guy like Etherly should be shooting (all he does is dunk and take layups) 50% for a big man like him that really doesn't shoot jumpers ever, really isn't that great.

LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
02-06-12 11:25 AM - Post#119581    
    In response to loco09

• loco09 Said:

Reminds me of when we played Siena a couple years ago (maybe 2) All of my friends were finally excited to go to a game (I never missed any) so they all decided to go to that one.. but didn't show up until a little before tip... were denied tickets (as students) b/c of a sellout and all tried to sneak in through McGuire (not that I condone sneaking in...)

I hope this plan is to only let students sit on the other side of the court (behind scorer's table) If we could get 2 or even 3 full sections of students standing up.. could really help out with the home field advantage.

WOFM 
Freshman

02-06-12 09:47 PM - Post#119629    

• maacballer Said:
he has had a really solid year, he is athletic and only 6-7 , not a typical post player

This is the MAAC, how many true post players are there in this league?

He gets the in-close chances cause he is "6' 7" and athletic", just needs to convert more, that's all.

If not being a post player were the issue, he wouldn't even get those looks.

I agree he's had a good year so far, as I've said, I love his hustle night in and night out, you could make a case for him as team MVP. In fact, if he stays on the roll he's been on the last 4 games, I think he would be.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.651 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:46 PM