Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Most Improved Player        (Topic#13138)
Paulie777 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-11-07
02-22-12 09:57 PM - Post#121807    
    In response to nitlion

• nitlion Said:
He explained why he doesn't start Seniors and play them for a few minutes.

Is there any chance you could enlighten us? Or is that priviliged information?

nitlion 
Masters Student

Reg: 06-18-06
02-23-12 12:52 AM - Post#121820    
    In response to Paulie777

No real reason to go any further into an explanation. Nothing secret or priviledged as it was a public luncheon attended by about 40 people. I really don't want to be misquoted on his reasons. It is what it is just his past and present policy. If it seems to bother you or anyone that much, email the coach or call him and just ask him. I like Coach Paulsen and think he has been good for Bison basketball and I know for a fact this group of players like the direction this team has been going. If they are happy I have no reason not to feel good about the team.

norcalfan 
Junior

Reg: 03-19-08
02-23-12 03:00 AM - Post#121822    
    In response to Paulie777

• Paulie777 Said:
I think the most improved player would have been Andoh had he got a chance to play. Look at the little time he has has and the great stat line with it. Yes, it probably isn't statistically significant considering the low number of minutes he hes played, but that was coaches decision to put Muscala first, then Fitz, then Andoh as a mere afterthought on this team. kaspar cannot be most improved with his atrocious free throw percentage, and Coaches darling Brackney hasn't even been mentioned here, but they get their minutes. Hill must have worked his tail off to take the starting role from Kaspar so I give it to hill. As for Andoh, he should have played more.

Well as you all know, I think the world of my boy Andoh. He may not have gotten the minutes, but he leaves BU with a great education and a free one at that. At the end of the day, that's what really matters. There can only be one or two stars on a team. What happens after basketball is what matters. Andoh enduring what Paulsen dished out, only makes him stronger. Good luck Enoch!

norcalfan 
Junior

Reg: 03-19-08
02-23-12 03:07 AM - Post#121823    
    In response to bison63

• bison63 Said:
DP has not, to date, paid much attention to senior day.

If he does not give all the seniors some time, I will lose all respect for him. That's ridiculous! If he gets behind, then I can understand he needs to put in a line up to win, but he needs to think about his seniors!!!!

atlantabison 
PhD Student

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Reg: 01-25-06
02-23-12 08:37 AM - Post#121828    
    In response to norcalfan

• norcalfan Said:
  • bison63 Said:
DP has not, to date, paid much attention to senior day.

If he does not give all the seniors some time, I will lose all respect for him. That's ridiculous! If he gets behind, then I can understand he needs to put in a line up to win, but he needs to think about his seniors!!!!

Then you shouldn't have respect for him now. It has been this way for all of his time coaching. It is a philosophy decision on his behalf that is different than the one I use on my senior night, but not one that would cause me to lose my respect for him. Don't let your love for a particular senior class cause you to expect a change on their behalf. If he didn't stick by his convictions, even those I disagree with, I would be more likely to lose respect for him.
Ray Bucknell!

PLHoopsFan 
Freshman

Reg: 02-28-11
02-23-12 02:18 PM - Post#121842    
    In response to atlantabison

Trust me... the seniors will all play a LOT on Saturday, as Bucknell will beat my hapless Navy team by 30-40 points. Count on it...

Hell, even Andoh will probably have a double-double. We suck.

atlantabison 
PhD Student

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Reg: 01-25-06
02-23-12 10:06 PM - Post#121886    
    In response to PLHoopsFan

• PLHoopsFan Said:
Trust me... the seniors will all play a LOT on Saturday, as Bucknell will beat my hapless Navy team by 30-40 points. Count on it...

Hell, even Andoh will probably have a double-double. We suck.

8 minutes left yesterday you had the #2 team in the league within 3 points.
Ray Bucknell!

PLHoopsFan 
Freshman

Reg: 02-28-11
02-24-12 09:34 AM - Post#121910    
    In response to atlantabison

Actually, it was 13 minutes left, and we were at home...

Trust me, Saturday will not be close. You should probably rest your starters and only win by 20.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.313 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:45 PM