Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: All Maac Teams        (Topic#13146)
maacballer 
Sophomore

Reg: 03-23-11
02-21-12 01:23 PM - Post#121682    

First Team
Machado
Glover
Anosike
Sanders
( ? what loy player goes here)

Second Team
Beamon
Momo Jomes
Kemp
( Whay Loyola player or players goes here)
Other candiates Washington, Thompson Penn Belardo who else? )

Third team
What Loyola or players go here?

Rookie team
RJ had a good year but dont think he could beat out this group
Green
Lewis
Mason
Hymes
Andujar

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
Reg: 02-08-07
02-21-12 01:26 PM - Post#121683    
    In response to maacballer

I wouldnt be surprised if Loyola doesnt get a 1st team player. I would like to see Cormier or Etherly up there but I have a feeling both will make 2nd team with Walker on 3rd team and Drummond 6th man.
It's Not Worth Winning if You Can't Win Big

maacballer 
Sophomore

Reg: 03-23-11
02-21-12 01:51 PM - Post#121685    
    In response to loco09

Etherly will be on first team or deserves to be, cormier and olson should make second and third team, walker doesn't deserve it

LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
02-21-12 03:19 PM - Post#121700    

gotta look at positions as they tend to do it that way.

No room for Etherly on 1st, OD and Glover are easily better.. but he should be 2nd.

Cormier not strong enough for 1st, had a slump midway through conference play, Beamon and Momo make 2nd team tough.. but could see him sneaking on there. If they classify him as a PG, maybe that's where he fits in.

Think Olson has the best chance to make it onto 1st team for us... as a 3. I feel he's hurt a lot of teams with big time shots so will be in the coaches' mind when they think Loyola, they'll remember the white kid with sick flow that dropped 3's like it was his job on them.

This conference has an absurd obsession with Walker, wouldn't be surprised to see him sneak on to 3rd.. especially if we finish 2nd.. also wouldn't be surprised to see him left off completely.

RJ Williams won't and shouldn't get any accolades, still love him.. just doesn't have the numbers or even minutes for it.

6th man..

I'd see Rhamel Brown getting consideration...
Armand from Iona also, don't know if enough coaches would consider him a starter or a 6th man though
Drummond as well. But I think Armand takes it if he's considered a 6th man.

WOFM 
Freshman

Reg: 02-24-11
Re: All Maac Teams
02-21-12 05:56 PM - Post#121715    

Etherly deserves first team, but agree the positions don't work so presume he'll slip to second team.

Cormier simply not consistent enough yet. He's capable of first team if he can start doing it night in and night out but is not there yet. At this point, I would put Olsen on the second team over Cormier. Olsen could always knock down a three, but this year he's been more consistent with it, plus as LOCO2011 pointed out, he's been really clutch with them too.

Cormier could get some second team consideration, but I’d put him on third team.

Also agree the league loves Walker, hard to say where they’ll slot him this year though. No way he should be first or second, not even sure he should be third. My guess is he makes third.

Drummond has to get 6th man consideration, and while I am not sure who all the first year guys are, I don’t see too many reasons for RJ to be in the hunt there.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.258 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:08 PM