Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: A season in (almost) retrospect        (Topic#13190)
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
Re: A season in (almost) retrospect
02-28-12 05:03 PM - Post#122933    
    In response to mountainred

Cornell didn't improve at the same rate as the top half of the league, certainly, but I wouldn't be quite as pessimistic about next year. Mangano, Wilhite, Rosen, Wright, Bernardini, McNally, and Davis all graduate on the teams in front of Cornell. It could be that Cornell sees less of a dropoff in losing Wroblewski and Ferry than the teams ahead of them see, simply because (Old Bear's "opinion" of Rosen notwithstanding), there may be a bigger drop down to the replacement players than there is for Cornell.

If Miller makes the soph jump, you could really have something.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
02-28-12 05:48 PM - Post#122937    
    In response to SomeGuy

Both Penn and Cornell will have difficulty replacing great point guards and team leaders. Fear the Bears, next year.

palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
02-28-12 05:52 PM - Post#122938    
    In response to Old Bear

Rosen has been great, but Penn will sorely miss Bernardini and Belcore as well. Penn will have talent but very little experience. Expect growing pains.

But that is next year.

SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
A season in (almost) retrospect
02-28-12 10:15 PM - Post#122972    
    In response to Old Bear

The Bears have a long way to go, unfortunately. Halpern will help, of course, but they've simply got too far to go to be a factor.

I think Harvard will be the favorite again, with Princeton has the clear #2 next year.

Edited by SomeGuy on 02-28-12 10:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pennhoops 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-21-04
03-01-12 10:11 AM - Post#123140    
    In response to SomeGuy

I don't think Princeton's a clear no. 2. Hummer is obviously going to be one of the best returning players in the league and I've liked what I've seen out of Bray, but they lose Davis, who's far and away their best guard, and are very, very thin in the backcourt.

Edited by pennhoops on 03-01-12 10:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
Re: A season in (almost) retrospect
03-01-12 10:53 AM - Post#123145    
    In response to SomeGuy

• SomeGuy Said:
Cornell didn't improve at the same rate as the top half of the league, certainly, but I wouldn't be quite as pessimistic about next year. Mangano, Wilhite, Rosen, Wright, Bernardini, McNally, and Davis all graduate on the teams in front of Cornell. It could be that Cornell sees less of a dropoff in losing Wroblewski and Ferry than the teams ahead of them see, simply because (Old Bear's "opinion" of Rosen notwithstanding), there may be a bigger drop down to the replacement players than there is for Cornell.

If Miller makes the soph jump, you could really have something.

I'm not pessimistic, just not overly optimistic. Ferry is replaceable, but 'ski will be harder to replace. He may not be Rosen, but he is an all-Ivy performer and no other PG has stepped up this season. If you can tell me how Cancer plays next season, I will have a much better idea of how the season will go.

TheLine 
Professor

Reg: 07-07-09
03-01-12 11:54 AM - Post#123157    

'ski is the most underrated player in the league. He's been spottier this year - I can't tell if it is due to some hidden injury or his spotty teammates or something else - but his highs are still pretty high.

I'm warming up to Courtney. He seems to be a very likable person and gets a lot out of limited players. Cornell always plays hard under him. I think he's brought in some good recruits next year, it'll be interesting to see what he can do with them.

What happened to Peck?

mountainred 
Masters Student

03-01-12 12:03 PM - Post#123158    
    In response to TheLine

• TheLine Said:
'ski is the most underrated player in the league. He's been spottier this year - I can't tell if it is due to some hidden injury or his spotty teammates or something else - but his highs are still pretty high.

I'm warming up to Courtney. He seems to be a very likable person and gets a lot out of limited players. Cornell always plays hard under him. I think he's brought in some good recruits next year, it'll be interesting to see what he can do with them.

What happened to Peck?

If Courtney is anything, he's likable.

Peck had off season surgery and didn't heal as quickly as hoped. I would expect him to ask for a 5th year. Of course, in the Ivies those are never a given.

besnoah 
Masters Student

Reg: 12-14-05
03-01-12 12:48 PM - Post#123167    

You don't expect Peck and Miller to be somewhat redundant?

Silver Maple 
Postdoc

Loc: Westfield, New Jersey
Reg: 11-23-04
03-01-12 01:00 PM - Post#123170    
    In response to besnoah

No such thing as redundancy. You have to stockpile talent. Can't have too much, what with injuries, defections, players simply not panning out, etc.

mountainred 
Masters Student

03-01-12 03:35 PM - Post#123211    
    In response to Silver Maple

Right. I hate to think what this season would have been like if Courtney had passed on recruiting Miller because he was too much like Peck.

It will be interesting to see how Courtney gets them both on the court next season.

mountainred 
Masters Student

03-02-12 10:58 AM - Post#123307    

Further update on Peck from BRF (I report, you decide) is that he's practicing with the team and could have played late this year if he had wanted to (and lost the year of eligibility, of course).

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.298 seconds.   Total Queries: 18   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:47 AM