Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: Hotel for MAAC tourney saturday night ?        (Topic#13201)
maacballer 
Sophomore

Reg: 03-23-11
02-28-12 10:36 AM - Post#122873    

any ideas?

LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
02-28-12 12:36 PM - Post#122901    
    In response to maacballer

When I first planned on going, I did a minimal amount of research.. check out Springfield's tourism page.. I don't remember seeing a ton of major hotel chains, just a lot of inns, etc.

I'd heard the closest hotels to the arena are sold out already.. but I have a hard time believing that, unless this MAAC tournament is a bigger draw than most years, which is possible being that it's the first time in a new location.

I'd just suggest going on the Springfield tourism site, I know they have a list of hotels there, or if you have a favorite hotel or something just type that in to google maps near Springfield and see what you find.

rkelly_hounds98 
Junior

Reg: 09-15-06
Re: Hotel for MAAC tourney saturday night ?
02-28-12 01:46 PM - Post#122912    

Try the Marriot. I just cancelled a reservation and booked a new one last night, they might have some rooms, but they are pricey. The Sheraton (both the Sheraton and the Marriot are right down the block from the arena) has not shown any rooms for the past month. The Hilton Garden is by the HOF, so you probably have to drive to the arena. Across the river, West Sprinfield has some hotels that are cheaper (Days Inn, Quality Inn, etc.). I think it is only about a ten minute drive to the arena from West Springfield, it's about 3 miles away.
"-"

maacballer 
Sophomore

Re: Hotel for MAAC tourney saturday night ?
02-28-12 01:49 PM - Post#122915    
    In response to rkelly_hounds98

thanks

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
Reg: 02-08-07
02-28-12 03:57 PM - Post#122926    

You could also try calling Loyola and seeing if they have a block of rooms reserved at one of the hotels that are probably showing as sold out. i know some schools have done this to get a discounted rate.
It's Not Worth Winning if You Can't Win Big

maacballer 
Sophomore

02-28-12 05:02 PM - Post#122932    
    In response to loco09

who do you call?

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
02-28-12 05:33 PM - Post#122935    

I tweeted the athletic dept to see if they had reserved any rooms. I'll post once I get a reply.

maacballer 
Sophomore

02-28-12 05:43 PM - Post#122936    
    In response to loco09

thanks

rkelly_hounds98 
Junior

Reg: 09-15-06
Hotel for MAAC tourney saturday night ?
02-28-12 07:30 PM - Post#122948    
    In response to loco09

• loco09 Said:
You could also try calling Loyola and seeing if they have a block of rooms reserved at one of the hotels that are probably showing as sold out. i know some schools have done this to get a discounted rate.

Do you know how to get game tickets through the athletic department? I have always paid on my own or have gotten freebies through the school. There never seems to be any info available about this. It's probably not a big deal, but it's more fun to be with a group of LC, I mean LUOFMD, fans.

Nevermind, I just saw this on the website:
Link
"-"

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
02-28-12 08:00 PM - Post#122954    
    In response to rkelly_hounds98

MAAC-achusetts Time - Men Finish 2nd and Women 4th
  The Loyola men's basketball team wrapped up its regular-season campaign with a 21-8 record and a #2 seed in the 2012 MAAC Basketball Championship, its highest seeding ever in the tournament. The Hounds earned a bye into the quarterfinals and will face the winner of Canisius/Niagara at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Mass Mutual Center.

The Loyola women's basketball team captured the #4 seed in the tournament and will take on Niagara on Friday afternoon at 3:30 p.m. The winner of that game advances to take on #1 seed Marist on Saturday at 11:30 a.m.

All-MAAC Honors
Loyola men's basketball had the most all-conference selections, as Erik Etherly took first-team honors, while sophomore Dylon Cormier was a second-team selection and Justin Drummond and Robert Olson were each named to the third team.
Read the men's release

On the women's side, three Hounds received honors, as senior Miriam McKenzie and junior Katie Sheahin each took first-team honors and freshman Kara Marshall was selected for the MAAC all-rookie squad.
Read the women's release

How to Purchase Tickets for the Championships
Fans planning to attend games in Springfield are encouraged to purchase tickets directly from the Mass Mutual Center box office upon arrival in Springfield. The box office staff will be able to seat you in Loyola's designated sections and purchasing in person will help to avoid online surcharges. The men's team's designated seating section is Section 7 throughout the tournament. For the women, Loyola fans will be in Section 7 for the quarterfinal game. That may change in future rounds, however. Tickets in the Loyola designated seating sections are $30 for the general public and $10 for students.

For fans looking to pre-purchase tickets in Loyola rooting sections, visit the below Ticketmaster link. Loyola fans will be seated in section 7 for the women's game on Friday and the men's game on Saturday.
Purchase tickets for the MAAC Championship

Pregame Reception in Springfield
UNO Chicago Grill is Loyola's designated meeting place before and after each of Loyola's games. Alumni, family, fans and friends are invited to meet for a pregame reception prior to the men's quarterfinal on Saturday evening from 5-7 p.m. prior to tipoff. Light fare and a cash bar will be offered. UNO's is located at 820 W. Columbus Avenue in Springfield on the riverfront and just steps from the Basketball Hall of Fame. No RSVP is required.

Directions to UNO Chicago Grill

Broadcast Information
All of Loyola's men's and women's MAAC Tournament games will be available to be seen or heard - either via the internet, local radio or one of the ESPN networks.

The men's quarterfinal contest Saturday at 7:30 p.m. can be heard live on www.LoyolaGreyhounds.com and viewed on ESPN3. The women's quarterfinal game can be heard via www.LoyolaGreyhounds.com . If the Greyhounds advance, the men's semifinal matchup will be aired locally by ESPN Radio 1300 in Baltimore and the audio will streamed on www.LoyolaGreyhounds.com . It can be viewed on ESPN3. The women's semifinal audio would be available on www.LoyolaGreyhounds.com and would be able to be viewed on ESPN3. The women's championship game is scheduled to be televised on ESPNU at noon on Monday, March 5, with the men's championship slated to be aired on either ESPN or ESPN2 at 7 p.m. Monday.

MAAC Championship Links
Links to important information for this weekend's basketball championships:

Women's Championship Bracket
Men's Championship Bracket
How to access ESPN3
MAAC Fan Fest Information
Directions to the Mass Mutual Cente

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.205 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:41 AM