Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
 Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: CHAMPIONS!!!!!!        (Topic#13289)
WOFM 
Freshman

Reg: 02-24-11
03-06-12 12:58 PM - Post#124476    
    In response to jdp 94

• jdp 94 Said:
Let it not be lost in the euphoria that Jimmy Patsos coached a great game. He managed the foul situation in the first half adeptly.
  • Quote:

I still say he has Smith or D'Alessio in his ear on the in-game stuff, but nothing wrong with that. As I've said before, other than the 40 minutes the ball is in play, Jimmy does a really nice job. Not too many coaches have it all, and if you found one who did, he wouldn't stay at Evergreen very long.

And let's not forget Latham really stepping up, that was pretty unexpected and enabled them to withstand all those minutes without Etherly and Walker.

Scary part is, that was not their best game. With them losing only Walker and Hall next year, this team has a chance to really be good.

Unless a bunch of guys apply for the NBA draft....

Opie 
Freshman

Reg: 11-12-07
CHAMPIONS!!!!!!
03-06-12 02:28 PM - Post#124489    
    In response to WOFM

I just stopped by the bookstore and asked when they will have the MAAC championship tee shirts. I was told they are supposed to arrive tomorrow (Tuesday). I don't know what time tomorrow, or when they'll be on the floor - but no later than Wednesday seems to be a safe guess.

Edited by Opie on 03-06-12 02:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
03-06-12 03:01 PM - Post#124497    
    In response to Opie

Yes.. heard the same thing.. shirts in book store tomorrow (Wednesday not Tuesday)

Also am hearing a Reitz Arena Selection Sunday Screening... food, trophy on display, etc. Definitely something I'd love to see. Students will be allowed on campus at noon on Sunday.

jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
Loc: New York
Reg: 07-20-06
03-06-12 03:58 PM - Post#124512    
    In response to LoCo2011

• LoCo2011 Said:
Students will be allowed on campus at noon on Sunday.

I cannot tell you what a buzz kill I had this morning to learn that this all happened during spring break.

I feel bad for the team and students. You've been robbed of the euphoria of the moment. Poor IYF, sitting there, watching the game with his mother!

Even when we win, we lose!

jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
Re: CHAMPIONS!!!!!!
03-06-12 04:11 PM - Post#124517    
    In response to Opie

• Opie Said:
I just stopped by the bookstore and asked when they will have the MAAC championship tee shirts. I was told they are supposed to arrive tomorrow (Tuesday). I don't know what time tomorrow, or when they'll be on the floor - but no later than Wednesday seems to be a safe guess.

I had to read this twice, because I could not believe it. But get to the bookstore quick. They only ordered 100 t-shirts. Seriously.

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2012/0 3/...

• Quote:
With NCAA berth, Loyola University preps for merchandise rush

Loyola University Maryland is gearing up for a rush of apparel sales after the school’s men’s basketball team punched its ticket Monday night to the NCAA tournament for the first time in 18 years.

Shortly after Loyola defeated Fairfield 48-44 in the MAAC title game, the school ordered 100 championship T-shirts and 100 Loyola basketball shirts, said Jennifer Wood, director of campus services, which oversees the university’s bookstore. The campus bookstore is currently sold out of the basketball shirts, which sell for $21.95 apiece.

The shirts are expected to arrive Wednesday. The school is only ordering 100 at a time due to storage limitations, Wood said, but if sales are brisk more can be ordered and shipped within 48 hours.

Since the game ended, seven pre-orders were placed online for shirts, Wood said. An additional 23 basketball-related items sold overnight, she said.
“Obviously this is a learning experience for us,” said Wood, noting that this is a larger event for the school than orientation, graduation fairs, parents weekend and reunion weekend. “But we’re excited and we’ll take it.”

The true merchandise test, however, will come next week when the university’s 3,500 undergraduate students return from spring break.

• Loyola expects NCAA berth to pay off

Meanwhile Loyola, whose bookstore is operated by Barnes and Noble, has also ordered shirts to celebrate the first time its men’s basketball team has won at least 20 games. Those shirt will arrive within the next week.

Meanwhile, the success of the basketball team has already contributed to a spike in merchandise sales. Compared with the start of the season, apparel sales at home games tripled toward the end of the year, Wood said.

Loyola’s opponent in the first round of the NCAA tournament won’t be known until March 11.

jdubs 
Freshman

Loc: Rhode Island
Reg: 11-27-06
03-06-12 04:19 PM - Post#124520    
    In response to jdp 94

• Quote:
With NCAA berth, Loyola University preps for merchandise rush

Since the game ended, seven pre-orders were placed online for shirts, Wood said. An additional 23 basketball-related items sold overnight, she said.
“Obviously this is a learning experience for us,” said Wood, noting that this is a larger event for the school than orientation, graduation fairs, parents weekend and reunion weekend. “But we’re excited and we’ll take it.”

That is unbelievable. Yes it's bigger than orientation and other events. No clue.

It would be sweet to be able to buy replica UA jersey or shorts, but that will probably never happen.

LoCo2011 
Senior

03-06-12 04:40 PM - Post#124524    
    In response to jdubs

A bunch of us has asked for the Black jerseys since we first saw them... they basically wouldn't do it... I really hope that changes now.

Pre-ordered the shirt... gonna go pick it up tomorrow.. didn't seem like an issue... recommend doing that online for all of you.

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
Reg: 02-08-07
03-06-12 04:40 PM - Post#124525    
    In response to jdubs

I ordered the shirt online from the bookstore today so hopefully it comes before out tournament game. I also saw a tweet about trying to get the shirts and hats worn by the players for sale too. I'm fine with the one online, I just want something to remember this by. Poor planning only ordering 100 shirts there are plenty of places to store them on campus. Order 1000 or 500, if you dont see them keep them for next season.
It's Not Worth Winning if You Can't Win Big

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
03-06-12 04:43 PM - Post#124528    
    In response to loco09

There is no reason for the bookstore not to sell more merchandise. If they have UA replica lacrosee jerseys there is no reason not to have basketball ones even if it was only the tshirts like those that they gave away at one of the games this year with Walker's number on the back

WOFM 
Freshman

Reg: 02-24-11
03-06-12 04:43 PM - Post#124529    
    In response to jdubs

• jdubs Said:

That is unbelievable. Yes it's bigger than orientation and other events. No clue.

Can't we tap into our cadre of bright business students??

Do we have Philosophy majors running the bookstore?

LoCo2011 
Senior

03-06-12 04:45 PM - Post#124531    
    In response to WOFM

the most confusing part of the jersey sales is that they sell Lax replica jerseys... but not basketball ones. I have one actually... but it isn't a replica jersey (just one that has a 1) on it and it's basically a basketball jersey that says Loyola on it. From the Gerald Brown days. Replicas or even something along those lines would sell off the shelves.

InYourHead 
Freshman

Reg: 04-08-10
03-06-12 05:12 PM - Post#124537    
    In response to jdp 94

• jdp 94 Said:
  • LoCo2011 Said:

I cannot tell you what a buzz kill I had this morning to learn that this all happened during spring break.

I feel bad for the team and students. You've been robbed of the euphoria of the moment. Poor IYF, sitting there, watching the game with his mother!Even when we win, we lose!

Hey now, nothing wrong with watching the game with momma. I've watched my undergrad win a couple National Championships with her, and this was just as exciting. Loyola essentially won their National Championship last night.

jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
CHAMPIONS!!!!!!
03-06-12 05:41 PM - Post#124543    
    In response to InYourHead

• InYourHead Said:
  • jdp 94 Said:
  • LoCo2011 Said:

I feel bad for the team and students. You've been robbed of the euphoria of the moment. Poor IYF, sitting there, watching the game with his mother!Even when we win, we lose!

Hey now, nothing wrong with watching the game with momma. I've watched my undergrad win a couple National Championships with her, and this was just as exciting. Loyola essentially won their National Championship last night.

Fair enough. I'll amend accordingly:

I feel bad for every student except IYH, for missing out on the once-in-a-lifetime college campus experience.

Bang Bang 
Sophomore

Reg: 01-03-07
03-06-12 05:59 PM - Post#124545    
    In response to jdp 94

It's great going around the Internet know and finding all this great stuff. The video of welcoming the team back to campus, all the articles we have, the post game interview, espn highlights.

Patsos on Scott van Pelt show this afternoon: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=765 2646

jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
03-06-12 06:21 PM - Post#124548    
    In response to Bang Bang

• Bang Bang Said:
It's great going around the Internet know and finding all this great stuff. The video of welcoming the team back to campus, all the articles we have, the post game interview, espn highlights.

Patsos on Scott van Pelt show this afternoon: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=765 2646

Great listen. Never heard the story about what Prosser told Patsos when he took the job 8 years ago.

Damn it - why did Gillen have to take the Providence job!

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
03-06-12 06:35 PM - Post#124549    
    In response to jdp 94

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba ll/blog/_/...

More pub. this time from Andy Katz at ESPN. It is amazing to see all of these stories and videos, the school couldnt afford all of the PR that this weekend has brought. This trip to the NCAA will pay huge dividends to the school over the next few months.

InYourHead 
Freshman

Reg: 04-08-10
03-06-12 07:48 PM - Post#124560    
    In response to jdp 94

• jdp 94 Said:
  • InYourHead Said:
  • jdp 94 Said:
  • LoCo2011 Said:

Fair enough. I'll amend accordingly:

I feel bad for every student except IYH, for missing out on the once-in-a-lifetime college campus experience.

Haha, thank you. Now back to the real issues here. When do y'all think we will here about things on campus? It's actually kinda nice that the administration has all week to work on it before we get back.

P.S.- Great crowd in the Welcome Back video too. Just imagine if the students were there today. There wouldn't have been a blade of grass to stand on.

maacballer 
Sophomore

Reg: 03-23-11
03-06-12 09:24 PM - Post#124578    
    In response to InYourHead

went to tourney this weekend and had a great time, The Loyola community was great

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.387 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:29 AM