Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: NCAA tickets        (Topic#13332)
Opie 
Freshman

Reg: 11-12-07
03-09-12 05:37 PM - Post#125167    

Knowing that tickets could not possibly be on sale yet, I stopped by the Loyola ticket office in the College Center on Tuesday morning and happily said "I would like one ticket to the NCAA basketball game please." She laughed, and had no idea how they were going to sell the tickets. Actually, the woman in the ticket booth didn't even know that each school gets an allotment of tickets until I told her.

I stopped by today (Friday) and asked if she had any updated info. She did. She said that on Monday, starting at 9:00am, they will be accepting ticket requests. One Tuesday they will sell the tickets.

I'm sure this is a going to be a very difficult job for the athletic department, especially if Loyola goes to one of the closer locations (Pittsburgh, Greensboro, or Columbus). There will be ticket requests from current students, alumni, employees, and season ticket holders (although most of them are probably one of the other categories). If they get more requests than they have tickets, I'm not sure how they will decide which groups gets how many tickets. I would guess that the big donors to the University will get taken care of - that only makes sense. After that, who knows. I guess partly it will depend on what site Loyola gets assigned to.

If I don't get a ticket, I will still go and try to scalp a ticket. I've done that before for NCAA games, without even having a team to root for - just to watch the games. The only difficulty is if we get assigned to Louisville and play in the same session as Kentucky, or Greensboro and play in the same session (or against) Duke or North Carolina, or Ohio State in Columbus, or something else like that.

Opie 
Freshman

Reg: 11-12-07
03-09-12 05:49 PM - Post#125168    
    In response to Opie

and just minutes after my post, I get this email...

=====

Dear members of the Loyola community -

After the overwhelming support you've shown for our men's basketball team throughout this historic season, I know many of you hope to be in the crowd for the Greyhounds' opening round game in the NCAA Tournament next week. Our opponent and venue will be announced during the Selection Sunday event in Reitz Arena on March 11.

For access to the limited number of tickets Loyola has received from the NCAA, you will be able to submit an application by contacting the Loyola box office on Monday, March 12, between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. The box office can be reached at 410-617-1420. Everyone who requests tickets will be notified of a decision via email by noon on Tuesday, March 13.

Students have already received separate information about how to enter themselves into a lottery for the opportunity to purchase tickets.

More detailed information will be available on www.loyolagreyhounds.com after the selection show event this Sunday evening.

Thanks again, and Go Hounds!

Jim Paquette
Director of Athletics

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
Reg: 02-08-07
03-09-12 08:56 PM - Post#125183    
    In response to Opie

Any idea on the price? I looked on the NCAA website and the prices were a little high to me. The cheapest was $210
It's Not Worth Winning if You Can't Win Big

LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
03-10-12 01:05 PM - Post#125223    
    In response to loco09

some locations make you purchase all session passions... some let you select which session you want to.. so I think that all depends on that.

Because of that, getting the allotment from the school becomes huge if we are in one of those "all-session" only sections. From what I saw, tickets for individual sessions (2 games) were around $80.

Gotta think, the loyal Loyola fans that post on the message board (all 20 maybe of us) should be locked up for a ticket.. just saying...

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.249 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:22 PM