Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Bona 72 Cornell 68        (Topic#14025)
mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
11-15-12 12:03 PM - Post#135094    

A narrow loss to KenPom's #97 team isn't the end of the world, but this felt more like a game the Big Red almost stole rather than let get away. The negatives were the ones we've seen for the last two years -- too many fouls (though I imagine both teams had issues with the way the game was called), no real post presence and no consistent half court offense -- but there were some positives: Errick Peck had a solid game; 17 and 7 on efficient shooting before fouling out after 23 minutes. Devin Cherry had one of his better games; he was the second leading scorer with 14. Galel followed up his great game with a decent one (11p 4 a 2 to).

I am concerned about Jon Gray however. He looks like the low-efficiency player he was until last year's Ivy slate. And Cressler learned it is harder to find room to shoot once your name appears in the scouting report, but he's hardly the first freshman to find that out.

Friday brings KenPom's #227 in St. Peter's. It's a game the Big Red should win. I want to see how they bounce back, especially because the school may be much more focused on the Harvard hockey game going on next door.

Quakers03 
Professor

Reg: 12-07-04
11-15-12 06:04 PM - Post#135112    
    In response to mountainred

I watched a lot of the 2nd half and it was entertaining to watch, it's just a shame you guys fell a bit short. One thing that struck me was I really thought they'd look to get Miller more involved on the offensive end.

I like the coverage NBCSports brings. It's a great HD feed, the announcers are good and I just feel like the production value is pretty high, especially compared to some of the smaller networks that have aired Ivy basketball in the past.

mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
11-16-12 12:37 PM - Post#135141    
    In response to Quakers03

Miller does float around the perimeter more than I would like him to. Unless Eitan picks his game up from the last two nights, Shonn is really going to be needed down low on offense.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.425 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:08 AM