Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Jason Hartford and Brian Kreefer        (Topic#1447)
RedZone 
maximus

Reg: 04-24-05
08-09-05 11:05 PM - Post#9266    

Curious about Jason Hartford's level of competition in his JuCo League, I did some further research and I came away somewhat unimpressed. Hartford was 1st Team All-League, however, only three All-Conference (NWAC) players are moving onto Division I this year (although granted some of the honorees were freshmen and have another year of JuCo). The League POY (a guard) is headed to Pepperdine while a Second Team All Conference 6-8 power forward is headed to Northern Colorado.

Also, I came across a quote that I don’t believe anyone posted on this site. Ted Jai of Rivals Hoops said in reference to Hartford's positioning in Division I:

“Currently, [Jason] Hartford projects as a power forward at the next level. He would, however, like the opportunity to show off his abilities at the three.” Hartford himself added during the interview, "It depends on my quickness. I think my ideal spot is the three, but I'm a little slow at
this [JuCo] level and going anywhere else [such as Division I] I'd be way too slow [for the three].”

On the topic of Brian Kreefer, I read from a scout that the 6-7 power forward is considered a solid low Division I prospect with a decent post game and a shot that is reliable out to 18 feet.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.677 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:50 PM