Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Spencer Oestrich        (Topic#1524)
RedZone 
maximus

Reg: 04-24-05
09-04-05 02:54 PM - Post#9586    

Spencer Oestrich (6-5) of Sherman H.S. (Texas) told TexasHioops.com, "Next weekend, I'm taking a trip up to Air Force for a couple of days on an official visit." Osetrich continued, "They've said that I was their top guy, but they haven't offered yet. I like the coaching staff and the system that they run, but I'm going to go up there and see what it's all about."

In addition to Air Force, Texas Hoops said that "Cornell and Dartmouth essentially told him they want him on the team." Oestrich added, "I like the idea of an Ivy League education...I just have to get up there and meet the players and coaches - that's a big deal for me. I've sent in my stuff for financial aid and hopefully later I'll be taking some trips up there too."

"I'm open to all options, but those are the main three schools for me right now," Oestreich said. "But I want to sign early if I can. I don't want to have to wait through the season, so hopefully I can get it done."

Other schools to have contacted him include:

Colorado State
Rhode Island
Richmond
Texas State
Stephen F. Austin
Albany
Boston U.
Brown
Yale

Texas Hoops Provides the following analysis of Oestrich:

Spencer is a skilled and heady player who can go inside and compete or step out on the perimeter and make plays. He can get a defensive rebound and lead the break and hit the open man in stride. He has a nice mid-range game, very good ball skills and can really stroke the 3 point shot. He runs the floor hard, has good court vision and is a great passer. He works hard on the boards, is a team leader and is a coach on the floor.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.208 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:33 PM