Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: V. Dartmouth        (Topic#16279)
mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
02-15-14 11:00 AM - Post#164652    

It wasn't always pretty, but the Big Red finally get their first D1 win. Dartmouth played a pretty lethargic first half, but a 20-4 run midway through the second half meant most of the final minutes were played within a single possession.

When you are 2-19, any win is a good win. But Cornell's attack was really three men deep and two of those three (Tarwater and Matthews) are seniors. I still believe that giving Jake Matthews 20 minutes a game is a sign that your team has issues, but he has had a couple of nice shooting nights in Ivy play.

Onuorah is a heck of a physical presence and may turn into something special if he follows the standard Ivy big man progression track. But 4 rebounds in 29 minutes is evidence that his positioning has a lot of room to improve. And if I weren't in a good mood, I would say the biggest factor may have been that Hatter was injured and couldn't play thereby saving the team 15-20 ineffective minutes. Considering the game was tied with 5 seconds left, those empty possessions would have been huge.

KenPom rating is up to a lofty 334; if we keep playing like this we have a chance of escaping the bottom 20. Talk about changed goals.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.195 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:47 AM