Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Stress fractures        (Topic#168)
Anonymous 

12-07-04 01:56 AM - Post#771    

Read that Owings has a stress fracture. Columbia frosh Baumann is recovering from one, and Kravic had one last spring. I've never heard of so many stress fractures in basketball, or is this just a strange coincidence?

Mike Porter 
Postdoc
Mike Porter
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Stress fractures
12-07-04 02:22 AM - Post#772    
    In response to

Actually in recent years, there have been several stress fractures among Ivy players. From a Penn standpoint, I recall both Duane King, Adam Chubb, and Andy Toole (I think that's what the injury was) dealing with stress fractures. I know that several other Princeton players have dealt with them in recent years as well. I think this is a somewhat common basketball injury these days, and it makes sense being that all the jumping and running these guys are doing.

-Mike

Jon Solomon 
T.A.
Jon Solomon
Loc: Mercer County, NJ
Reg: 11-22-04
12-07-04 02:35 AM - Post#773    
    In response to Mike Porter

Princeton had a larger number of stress fractures before they replaced the floor at Jadwin two years ago...
http://www.princetonbasketball.com

Observer 
Freshman

Reg: 11-26-04
12-08-04 01:04 AM - Post#774    
    In response to Jon Solomon

The NY Times' Science Times section today (12/7) had a short piece on stress fractures in the feet of athletes. According to a study on 26 top college basketball players, more than a third were found to have bone abnormalities in their feet despite only one of the subjects reporting any symptoms.

light blue heavy 
maximus
light blue heavy
Reg: 11-22-04
12-08-04 01:11 PM - Post#775    
    In response to Observer

Yeah, and the study was done at Duke.

I wonder where they got the top basketball players?

Just one more way the rich keep on getting richer

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.187 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:42 AM