Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: DNH Status        (Topic#17007)
Charlie Fog 
Masters Student

Loc: Philly
Reg: 11-12-13
Re: DNH Status
10-26-14 08:28 AM - Post#174371    
    In response to palestra38

Well, at least no one can accuse you of being a fair weather fan, P.

SteveChop 
PhD Student

Reg: 07-28-07
10-26-14 10:54 AM - Post#174375    
    In response to Ted

Thanks, Ted. While I don't think she'll be at the Brown game next week, I DID start right in on Friday teaching her "Let's Go QUAKERS" - they will hopefully be her first words but I'm going to give her another week or two.

Ted 
Junior

Reg: 12-23-12
10-26-14 11:14 AM - Post#174376    
    In response to SteveChop

"Hang Jeff Davis" is a great tune for rocking grandchildren to sleep, FYI.

Buckeye Quake 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-21-04
10-26-14 12:39 PM - Post#174378    
    In response to SteveChop

That's wonderful Steve! You certainly topped my day. Although I did get to meet Avery Johnson who was in the stands yesterday.

seas2k4 
Junior

Reg: 11-21-04
10-26-14 08:55 PM - Post#174396    
    In response to Buckeye Quake

Any reports from the alumni game? Would love to hear em!

Quakers03 
Professor

Reg: 12-07-04
10-27-14 03:48 PM - Post#174431    
    In response to seas2k4

Congrats Steve. No joke, Hang Jeff Davis was the first song that my son truly loved. Not sure what that says about me as a parent. The good news is no one even knows that in the old days we cursed instead of saying "giddy up" so you're good there.

As for Saturday, I did get out and saw a few things I liked. It was weird seeing a team with so many faces I didn't recognize, but a few of those new faces showed fairly well. As has been said Auger was everywhere. Sure you can get lucky being in the right place a few times, but eventually skill takes over and it's not all luck. It reminds me of our inability to rebound over the past few years and how IMO it's an acquired skill and if you practice and are smart you can start anticipating the way the ball will bounce. He was all over the place.

As far as point goes, without seeing Woods there's no way to know who might be in the lead, but I was pretty happy with what I saw from Foreman. I can't say I had a chance to witness too much from Darnell from the PG skills point of view (ball handling/passing), but he's athletic and I loved his defense. It was so refreshing to see a freshman play that way. He was obviously annoying Tony and the last play of the game was perhaps the most encouraging. Tony had just completely taken over the game, bringing his team back with some hot shooting, and the ball was in his hands with a chance to win it. Foreman was all over him and ultimately forced an off balance shot that missed.

A few other notes. Tony is no longer #1. He now wears #11. Darnell looks a little too much like Miles Cartwright for my taste. I don't mean his game looks the same, I mean if you're not paying close attention and glance up you'll think Miles is back. Maybe it's the forehead. Sam Jones reminds me of all those tall Wisconsin players that enjoy shooting from the perimeter. Let's hope he's half as good. I noticed the same thing on Matt Howard, that he has added some muscle, but he didn't really do much out there. He will certainly need to. We're going to need solid play from Louis/Jones and the jury is still out as far as I can tell. They have the basketball bodies, but will it eventually translate is the question.

Lastly, from what I was told we should have everyone back in time for the season to begin.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.273 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:58 AM