Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Pattman?        (Topic#171)
d92 
Freshman

Reg: 11-24-04
12-07-04 06:22 AM - Post#781    

Someone care to fill me in on what's going on with Leon Pattman? I saw that he only played 7 minutes vs. Hartford and now I see the headline. What's the story?

ballfan01 
goober
ballfan01
Loc: New England
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Pattman?
12-07-04 04:40 PM - Post#782    
    In response to d92

He's quit the team, probably won't play again. We'll see how he feels after sophomore summer.
I bleed green.

Anonymous 

12-11-04 04:01 PM - Post#783    
    In response to ballfan01

He is a terrific player. If I were you, wouldn't assume he will wait around for sophomore summer. Since he has only played in five games, he presumably can play three more seasons for Dartmouth, if he rejoins the team, or two seasons for someone else.

From far away, it looks like the new coach has dropped a ball already.

ballfan01 
goober
ballfan01
12-11-04 05:01 PM - Post#784    
    In response to

I'm not assuming he'll be here for sophomore summer, I know he will be. He didn't come to Dartmouth just for basketball. If I'm wrong, then I'd be shocked.

Terry hasn't dropped the ball, he's just establishing a new sentiment in the coaching of this team. He is unlike Fauch in all respects from my viewings of the team so far and from conversations I've had with him and Tommy.
I bleed green.

Anonymous 

New Vocabulary for BB Fans
12-11-04 10:24 PM - Post#785    
    In response to ballfan01

"Dunn did admit that the strain of adjusting to new management lay at the heart of the matter."

"Terry hasn't dropped the ball, he's just establishing a new sentiment in the coaching of this team."

I can't decide which is the more delightful - "the strain of adjusting to new management" or "just establishing a new sentiment".

ballfan01 
goober
ballfan01
Re: New Vocabulary for BB Fans
12-12-04 04:57 PM - Post#786    
    In response to

what are you trying to get at rob?
I bleed green.

BigGreenjeans 
goober

Reg: 11-22-04
12-30-04 08:20 PM - Post#787    
    In response to d92

Ballfan,

I'd be interested in your views of how Dunn and his new assistants are different from Fauch and his aides.

ballfan01 
goober
ballfan01
12-30-04 11:07 PM - Post#788    
    In response to BigGreenjeans

Being that I am a strong HATER of Fauch, I don't know that I'd be all that great to hear from. I have such Bias. But if you really want to know, let me know.
I bleed green.

BigGreenjeans 
goober

Reg: 11-22-04
12-31-04 01:45 AM - Post#789    
    In response to d92

OK, bias noted, but I really want to know.

Anonymous 

Faucher vs. Dunn
01-02-05 09:02 PM - Post#790    
    In response to BigGreenjeans

It's hard to judge so far based on what I've seen, because all I've seen are boxscores and the Stanford game broadcast. That said, here's my take:

- The ball comes into BDG a lot more now than it did under Fauch, and he's setting up lower than before. Dunn is serious about making him into an offensive weapon, and the Harvard radio guys sounded impressed with him today. One thing Dunn hasn't done, sadly, is call Buzz Bramen to help the big guy with his free throws. Then again, Bramen never did all that much for Shaq, from what I could see, so manybe it's not that sad.

- This team does not live and die by the three the same way some of Faucher's later teams did. Last year against Harvard at Lavietes, Dartmouth's main weapon was a crosscourt skip pass to set up a McLaren three. Today, Dartmouth had a real offense.

- Dartmouth plays a bigger lineup under Dunn. Dunn doesn't buy into this business of a 6'5" power forward. That's not entirely a fair comparison, though, because Faucher really didn't have the personnel to comfortably play Arnold together Gardner or Klingbeil together for any length of time. The roster is much more suited to going big than it used to be, especially with Bode and MacMillan around, and that's exactly what Dunn is doing with it.

This team seems to turn the ball over more than Dunn's did, but I'm guessing that a lot of that has to do with Callahan's injury. Steve is such a calming influence on the floor, even in a more active offense, and I think other players are less likely to turn the ball over when he's on the floor, besides his being less turnover-prone than Cuttica, Liddy or Giovacchini. The jury is still out on that aspect.

I can't really say what I think of defense, since the only time I've seen them is against Stanford, but I will say that there seems to be more energy in the program now than there has been in a long time, and that's certainly a positive.

Those are the differences I see.

-The Ghost

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.181 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:42 AM