Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Update from Coach Allen        (Topic#17388)
SteveChop 
PhD Student

Reg: 07-28-07
01-16-15 01:04 PM - Post#179729    

Received the following email from Coach Allen earlier today

Dear Fans, Friends, Family and Alumni,

I hope that all of you had a happy holiday season and are enjoying the New Year. We are excited to be moving toward league play. We are almost halfway through our season and since last I wrote, there has been much that has transpired.

We continue to be optimistic about the future of this young team. For the first time in the history of the Ivy League, we have had four different freshmen win Rookie of the Week at least once in a season. While the final results have not all been what we hope for—including dropping some games in which we were leading for all but a small fraction of the game—we feel that the team and each of the players have progressed. We are one of the 20 most inexperienced teams in the country, and we need to continue developing them as players and as a unit. Additionally, we need to continue to be in situations where they will gain the practical experience of closing out games. Despite some ups and downs, our staff feels that, in addition to the student-athletes who will be joining them in the future, this is a group that will bring Penn Basketball back to where we all want it to be: Atop the Ivy League.

Additionally, I would like to report to you our team’s performance from an academic standpoint. Up until the beginning of this year, the only other Ivy League team with a perfect APR score during my coaching tenure was Dartmouth. The fall semester was the second in a row in which our team had a cumulative GPA above 3.0. As a staff, we are proud of what these young men are doing academically. We are proud of the type of people they are and the men they are developing into. It is a terrific group.

We hope to see many of you at upcoming games. Our players have continued to persevere through a time of growth, when the results have not always been indicative of how we played or how hard we worked. As a group, we are committed to the process of developing each of these players and this team so that we can reach the goal of being champions.

As always, we want to thank you for supporting the Penn basketball program. We count on your donations for recruiting, team travel, equipment, etc. These things are the basis for a winning program, and we are grateful for all the people who are a part of Penn Basketball. Remember, if you give to the program, your employer may match your gift. Hope to see all of you soon.

Make an Impact and Support our Basketball Student-Athletes

Sincerely,

/s/ Jerome Allen

penn nation 
Professor

Reg: 12-02-04
Re: Update from Coach Allen
01-16-15 01:39 PM - Post#179730    
    In response to SteveChop

I hear that the Human Fund will be matching every dollar of 10Q's recently announced pledge.

10Q 
Professor

Loc: Suburban Philly
Reg: 11-21-04
01-16-15 03:08 PM - Post#179735    
    In response to penn nation

I love this letter and am tripling my last donation.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.372 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:32 AM