Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Two names I haven't thought much about        (Topic#18111)
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
09-06-15 10:32 PM - Post#192130    

Not sure you can tell that much from a summer trip, but if there are two names that came out of it that that are notable they're Haber and Martin.

Haber kind of lost mindshare after he went down with injury last season, but after he threw in 17 in one half against a team from a top league, you'd have to throw him in for consideration at the 3 or the 4 if they go small. Good sign that he's recovering too.

Martin remains intriguing due mostly to his size and due to what sounds like a unique skillset. (I say sounds like because we haven't gotten to see him.) I understand he got some run while in Italy, which is great given his absence. Brown would benefit from having his length in spots, but will he stay in the right headspace to compete and stick it out.

Maybe these are two guys who can help this year.

I did also see Jason Massey had contributions too. But he's a guy I figured would be in the lineup somewhere anyway.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
09-07-15 07:08 PM - Post#192141    
    In response to Bruno

I think the freshmen may be better than those on this Board might think. Too early to get excited.

Bearswin 
Freshman

Reg: 01-06-14
09-09-15 01:20 AM - Post#192166    
    In response to Old Bear

Although I haven't had a chance to catch an open gym yet, I did get to ask one of the team's trainers about the trip and how the players looked. He said they we really playing hard for each other during the trip and that Tavon was spectacular. All of the Italian teams had trouble keeping him out of the lane. Haber had some great moments even though his minutes were limited due to his recovery. Cedric battled hard, but team rebounding will have to improve with the lack of a 'true' 4 man. JR was hitting from 25+ feet consistently and Spieth was his normal steady self. Jason Massey had some nice moments scoring on a bunch of transition buckets.

A successful season could come down to how well the Utah transfer (Wilkinson) and the Fuller kid look inside.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

09-10-15 06:21 PM - Post#192217    
    In response to Bearswin

Wilkenson will not play this season, recovering from knee surgery.

Bearswin 
Freshman

Reg: 01-06-14
09-15-15 05:42 PM - Post#192325    
    In response to Old Bear

Haven't heard that about Wilkenson. That is too bad.
His size will be missed.

How does his injury work in regards to eligibility? I haven't looked to see if he red shirted already while at Utah. Will he just have 1 year left then at Brown?

Old Bear 
Postdoc

09-15-15 09:14 PM - Post#192332    
    In response to Bearswin

2, I believe.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.523 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:35 AM