Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: McGill Exhibition        (Topic#18292)
digamma 
Masters Student

Loc: Minneapolis
Reg: 11-27-11
11-07-15 09:37 PM - Post#194377    

Anyone go today?

Box score is kind of ugly. 15 turnovers. OK shooting from the field. Awful free throw shooting.

Starters were Zena, Corey Johnson, Tommy McCarthy, Cummins and Okolie.

Also interesting that Corbin only played 15 minutes and only took three shots.

Could be a lot of growing pains early.

cantab_hoops 
Freshman

Reg: 03-21-14
11-07-15 10:01 PM - Post#194379    
    In response to digamma

Didn't make it, but I see what you mean:

http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/mbkb/2015-16/b oxsc...

I know that no one expects a lot of offense from Okolie, but come on: just 3 points total (nothing from the field and 3 of 7 free throws) in 35 minutes. We need to get *something* from him on the offensive end.

At least Zena put up some good numbers: 21 points and 11 rebounds in 30 minutes. Corey Johnson was next with 15 points--and, yes, interesting that Corey started over Corbin. Then again, it's just an exhibition, so Tommy may have been experimenting.

Well, at least those 2016 recruits will seemingly have a chance to step right in and play next year.

H78 
PhD Student
H78
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reg: 01-06-11
McGill Exhibition
11-08-15 03:25 PM - Post#194397    
    In response to cantab_hoops

The biggest hole I see is Chatfield. I'm surprised to see him not get any minutes. Any info on him?

Miller, with 15 minutes, was the 6th man, though the starters averaged 32 minutes, with the guards at 35-ish. Corey Johnson clearly the choice at the 2, logging 38 minutes, with Miller backing up both positions.

Evan Cummins starting ahead of Egi.

Also, Steeves was "dressed," the first time I've seen that in a while.

For McGill, Noah Daoust, a Columbia commit/decommit played. And Evan Cummins' "cousin" Isaiah was McGill's 2nd leading scorer.

CrimsonWest 
Sophomore

Reg: 10-17-11
11-08-15 05:47 PM - Post#194399    
    In response to H78

Chatfield was on the bench in street clothes, he would have been a nice addition to the lineup, starting or subbing. I am not sure what the injury is or how long he will be out. It was obvious how spoiled we have become watching Siyani run the floor for the past 3 years. It is unfair to expect a freshman to compare, but McCarthy needs to get better fast or there will be difficulties ahead. Having said that, Corey played very well for a freshman, he was impressive. The defense looked decent, but I think McGill played a 4-5 guard offense most of the game. They have a week to gel in order to be competitive with Providence. The MIT game may be closer than it should.

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
11-08-15 07:15 PM - Post#194400    
    In response to CrimsonWest

Andre twisted his ankle two weeks ago. Unless there was an additional injury, it was deemed to be minor at that time. Egi was injured a few weeks ago as well. Could be rusty, or maybe Coach prefers to start his senior captain Cummins.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.133 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:35 AM