Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Providence Game on YES        (Topic#18382)
JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
11-21-15 08:30 PM - Post#195665    

The local feed wasn't happening for some reason. I was surprised to find on YES Network. Providence has lost two of three to Bears, which has not happened in the 60 years I've been watching. Big Saturday night crowd at Dunkin Donuts Center helping to make sure Friars don't take the Bears lightly this time. PC's PG Kris Dunn is a treat to watch and a potential first team All- American. Brown is hanging tough so far with Jason Massey surprising with two threes and a real nice running left-hander off the glass. It'll take a super effort from Bears tonight to keep this one close. But, based on two of last three one never knows.

Edited by JBears on 11-21-15 08:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Providence Game on YES
11-22-15 10:32 AM - Post#195733    
    In response to JBears

It was not a bad performance despite the final score. The offense wasn't great and the defense had lots of holes. But they competed pretty well I thought.

I like a lot of what I see from the newcomers. You saw what Justin can do when he gets into the lane - 3/4 of his shots have been from 3 thus far and he is capable of taking it to the hole and needs to do more of that to be effective.

Obviously Corey Daugherty is a real D1 player. He may be the guy most comfortable with the ball in his hands and is big time quick and skilled. He's taking a lot of shots and not hitting them yet, so creating more for others is probably his next big challenge.

Travis Fuller was really good against PC. Very skilled and not afraid to play in the paint. Like his upside.

And I will say I can see how Aram Martin helps this team. His size and presence has already had some impact. He has the potential to be an important role player. He's looked pretty good, especially for a guy who never played at this level and missed last season.

Otherwise Brown's legacy guys have not really found their rhythm consistently. They are shooting tons of threes (without hitting them, save for Hobbie) and not getting into the paint nearly enough. Biggest difference vs opponents is the number of FTs they are shooting. They need more going to the basket and Tavon is the only one who has done that consistently.

Defense has been spotty at best. I did like the 1-3-1 look Mike threw at PC with Speith up front. That is an effective 30-second shot clock defense, despite the fact that PC found the holes.

Work to do gelling more as a team.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.28 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:58 AM