Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Harvard 5-0        (Topic#1842)
cantab 
Freshman

Loc: c-bridge
Reg: 11-28-04
12-01-05 06:14 PM - Post#11234    

Good W last night, even if the final margin was the largest of the night and UNH was without the guy who torched us last year. Still, five straight to open the season and four of those by double digits.

Last night's game was basically decided at the line. Harvard went to the line 34 times compared to 6 for UNH. Goffredo went 1-7 from the floor but still finished with 15 because of 12-12 FT shooting. The 42-27 edge on the boards was also big.

We're ahead of Penn in RPI and Sagarin and just two spots back in Pomeroy.

Penn94 
PhD Student

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Harvard 5-0
12-01-05 07:20 PM - Post#11235    
    In response to cantab

always nice to win. let's see what happens when you play a team with a pulse. Right now, you are 1-0 in "tough games" (in fairness, Penn is 1-1).

cantab 
Freshman

Loc: c-bridge
Reg: 11-28-04
12-01-05 07:29 PM - Post#11236    
    In response to Penn94

Well, the same can be said of Penn. Those two wins came against teams that both have losing records at this point. And I don't see Harvard losing by 18 on its home floor against Colorado this year.

Sagarin and Pomeroy both include weighting from previous seasons and Harvard is ahead of Penn in Sagarin and pretty much dead even in Pomeroy. Even Penn fans have to admit Harvard is playing the best basketball in the league so far.

Penn94 
PhD Student

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Reg: 11-21-04
12-01-05 07:50 PM - Post#11237    
    In response to cantab

Harvard is playing great right now, there is no doubt about that. Also no doubt that aside from Holy Cross, their schedule has been very very weak and this team should have won all those games. I think the Drexel win is better, but hey, that's just my opinion.

All I am saying is that while you certainly have to be excited about 5-0, don't get too excited because they've essentially had one impressive half this year. For what it's worth, I think Harvard is clearly the second best team in the league and only legitimate challenger to Penn this year.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.374 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:17 AM