Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Yale        (Topic#18607)
Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
01-16-16 09:27 PM - Post#199588    

Scrappy comeback in a game where Brown got off to a horrible start (I think it was 20 or 24 to 4). I think Yale, with a bunch of talented Srs., may be more respectful next week. BTW, Yale whined at every call. IMHO, Sears proved to be a punk, when Fuller had the nerve to tie him up in a scrum, for a jump ball, he reached out and slapped Fuller. After 10 minutes for video replay, the refs finally got up the nerve to give him an F1, he should have been given an F2 and thrown out. He fouled out with out scoring in the second half. I think he his happy that next week is the last time he has to play CK.

Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
Re: Yale
01-17-16 12:36 PM - Post#199625    
    In response to Old Bear

Slow start ultimately doomed them, but great effort from Bruno. Tavon put on a show and was really unfortunate to foul out late in the second half on a joke call away from the basket. I like how deep on the bench Mike went, I think everyone except Miki and Aram got in. If Brown plays that kind of scrappy basketball, I'm excited for what this season has to hold.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
Yale
01-17-16 04:03 PM - Post#199634    
    In response to Ever True

From Twitter

Justin Sears
"First time my team has won a game where I have fouled out in my whole basketball career."

Looks like someone needs to get over himself.

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
01-17-16 04:13 PM - Post#199636    
    In response to Old Bear

Yes, but how many times has he foulded out? He could be factually correct.

Yale may have the best starting five in the league due to the dominance on the boards of Sears, Sherrod and Victor - especially the offensive boards. Fouls and/or injuries are Yale's achilles heel as there really isn't much of a bench for the front court, especially for Sears. Same story for Kuakamensah, Edosomwan, DNH, Petrasek/Coby, Boudreaux, Caruso and Onourah. Every one of those players are desperately needed to be on the court. I watched the beginning of the Brown-Yale game yesterday. Everything went through Kuakamensah.

JadwinGeorge 
Senior

Reg: 12-04-15
01-17-16 04:38 PM - Post#199639    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

Very perceptive, HDG. CK is not as well-rounded on offense as Brown needs him to be if they are going to run everything through him. But the opportunities were there. I should think Zena might have done a little more with those chances, especially early in the game when Yale went on its big run. Brown more than held its own for 35 minutes.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.839 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:52 PM