Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cornell Game        (Topic#18679)
Bearswin 
Freshman

Reg: 01-06-14
02-02-16 12:58 PM - Post#200790    

We will see if Martin is a strategist or an egomaniac like most coaches who believe in their own system. If he tries to match up his 'athletes' against Cornell's 'athletes', Brown will have another 20 point loss on their record. Unfortunately for this type of game, you need players who don't turn it over and we don't have many ball control types of players. If Princeton's 3/4 speed full court trap rattled the players, I can't imagine what will happen against Cornell. Maybe this will be the game that things slow down for Obi and Corey.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
02-05-16 10:57 PM - Post#200945    
    In response to Bearswin

Brown controlled the pace and the game. Cornell made a couple of runs but the Bears had answers. Bears shot 46.7% from the floor to 39.5, and outrebounded Cornell by 10. Hatter and Morgan had 19 ea. but went 7 for 16 and 7 for 22. Brown's D, maligned by some, did pretty damn well. 11 guys played meaningful minutes, 4 in double figures, Spieth had 16, 9 boards and 5 assists, Cedrick 16, 10 and 3 blocks. Brown had 28 baskets on 18 assists, Cornell 30 on 8. Brown was 21 of 24 from the line. Blackmon and Hobbie had 14 and 16 (Blackmon 12 in the second half).

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
02-05-16 11:43 PM - Post#200949    
    In response to Old Bear

Lots of strong performances. Good mixing and matching of the lineup and of defenses. When Hobbie is hitting it makes such a difference. But the big three were outstanding tonight, especially Tavon down the stretch. They executed. Somehow it felt like a game they were going to win even after Cornell made up a double digit deficit. Between all of Cornell's offensive rebounds and turnover differential they took a whopping 16 more shots, but ball movement and efficiency on offense offset that. Really nice win against a good team where everybody contributed down to Haber and Triplett.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

jst4245 
Freshman

Reg: 05-23-12
02-06-16 11:51 AM - Post#200985    
    In response to Bruno

Nice win for the Bears. Nice game plan by the coaching staff - they must finally be taking advice from Bearswin.

It looks like some things are starting to come together for the guys in regards to their roles, etc. Cedric is a much better player when he commits to never dribbling the basketball. Either pick and pop - for a shot - or have hands ready around the basket to just go right up with it.

Tavon made some really nice plays when needed - I just wish he would redirect his "look at me" smirks after making a nice move into some "lets get a stop" seriousness.

Speith played well outside of his pull up 3 with 8 seconds left in the first half (in transition - right off of a miss). Found some humor in that - the kid never shoots open three's (to make his man at least respect him out there) and then that is the 3 he decides to shoot.

Triplett & Haber both played well and made some nice plays when needed. Hopefully their play continues to get better because we really need something out of that class.

I really hope that Fuller has a big summer. He is a legit 6'8 and solid athlete. Hit a huge 3 last night with 7 min to go. I assume we're getting a heavy dose of him next year whether he gets any tougher or not. I think he has the potential to be an All-Ivy big.

Going to be a tough one tonight, Columbia has a lot of senior talent - and those games are always tough to win.

Hopefully we keep getting better and the guys get more and more confidence.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.835 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:59 PM