Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Columbia        (Topic#18699)
Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
02-06-16 10:32 PM - Post#201063    

Brown has shot 74% from the line for the season, shot 6 for 14 tonight,43%. Missed six in a row, including 2 front ends of 1 and ones.15- Columbia shot 15 for 19. I'd say Columbia got outplayed on the floor. Mullins, with some help from Meisner, kept them in the game, thought Brown did a better job on Mullins in the second half. 5 of Lo's 9 came from the line, many when Brown was fouling to stop the clock, ditto for Rosenberg's 6 of 12. Tough loss for the Bears.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
Re: Columbia
02-06-16 10:33 PM - Post#201064    
    In response to Old Bear

Brown has shot 74% from the line for the season, 21 for 24 last night,shot 6 for 14 tonight,43%. Missed six in a row, including 2 front ends of 1 and ones.15- Columbia shot 15 for 19. I'd say Columbia got outplayed on the floor. Mullins, with some help from Meisner, kept them in the game, thought Brown did a better job on Mullins in the second half. 5 of Lo's 9 came from the line, many when Brown was fouling to stop the clock, ditto for Rosenberg's 6 of 12. Tough loss for the Bears.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Columbia
02-07-16 12:03 AM - Post#201074    
    In response to Old Bear

Good weekend for Brown. They played well. They led with 2 min to go against a very classy Columbia team. Ultimately they didn't give up a lot of offensive rebounds, but they gave them up at the wrong time. And while they shot unchareristically poor from the line they shot uncharacteristically well (60 pct) from three. So it evens out. Columbia executed late and scouted us well, but while it was a pretty solid defensive performance overall, Brown didn't get enough big stops.

I liked how mike mixed up the lineups and match ups this weekend. And the 1-3-1 zone worked very well for a while.

I will admit I'd forgotten about Haber, but watching him you wonder if he's a bigger and slightly more well-rounded JR Hobbie, albeit not with quite the same stroke. He's very long and as such plays pretty effective defense despite not being real athletic. I also loved seeing him drive the ball. He's earned more PT.

The weekend leaves you thinking they might be able to lift one next weekend.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Bearswin 
Freshman

Reg: 01-06-14
02-07-16 03:28 PM - Post#201118    
    In response to Bruno

I scrutinize them often, but I would like to tip my hat to the coaching staff. They had the team playing hard and their game plans were solid.

Could it be that Yale and Princeton are just that good. They are going to make a lot of teams look silly.

Spieth is playing at a very high level right now. His effort is rubbing off on others.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.523 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:16 AM