Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: New Format Critique        (Topic#187)
BearWithMe 

Reg: 12-07-04
12-08-04 06:25 PM - Post#862    

I'm wondering whether others agree with me that separating out different discussion threads for each school is a bad idea?

In the past format, I enjoyed reading about all schools on one main thread, and found myself occasionally participating in threads about other schools which I would have been unlikely to read had they not been posted on the general board.

In the new format, I don't have time to check each school's separate board, and thus, miss out on other posters' discussions relating to other schools. Just as importantly, posters who follow the Ivies carefully -- Penn and Princeton fans, for example, who are used to winning teams -- don't participate in discussions about other schools. The overall board loses cohesiveness and each thread is less enrichde by broad discussion when things are fragnented this way.

I would prefer a return to the one-stop-shopping Board, with all separate school boards eliminated. There is less of a coherent community in the new format.

Just my opinion. Anyone else?

columbia92 
goober
columbia92
Loc: NYC
Reg: 11-22-04
Re: New Format Critique
12-08-04 06:29 PM - Post#863    
    In response to BearWithMe

When you log in, click "Active Topics" then you will see what you would have had on the old board.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.012 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:20 PM