Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Tavon        (Topic#18702)
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
02-08-16 12:17 AM - Post#201140    

I was really impressed with him this weekend. His game has evolved so much and really looks like the type of pg you hope for, who can control the game and make the big bucket happen. His penetration has become excellent, and he's both finding guys and finishing better that I've ever seen him. When they need a bucket he takes it to the hoop and often gets one. I'd put him up against most anybody in the league right now.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
02-08-16 05:25 PM - Post#201197    
    In response to Bruno

Bruno, I agree with your comments re: Tavon. What I've also been impressed with is the development of Spieth's outside shot. He is really leaning into his shot and is more poised. He looked very comfortable shooting threes this weekend. We need more shooters in general to draw the defense out and create more space inside and ball movement on the perimeter. Because he was hitting his shots he was able to draw his defender to the corner in one instance vs. Columbia, then drove by him on the baseline for a nice reverse lay-up. Justin Massey gave us some perimeter offense, and drove the lane, as well. Nice to see Spieth, and Haber to a degree, start to fill that void.

Mike and the staff is bringing the group along and they are getting contributions from more players. A little quicker would be nice. But I do see strides being made.

Bearswin 
Freshman

Reg: 01-06-14
02-13-16 11:01 PM - Post#201700    
    In response to JBears

After recent great play, this weekend went:

Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, turnover
Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, turnover
Dribble, Dribble turnover
Dribble turnover
Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, Dribble turnover.

Tavon looks like he has been touched by a European agent and is all about his stats right now.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.273 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:31 PM