Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cedrick Kuakumensah        (Topic#18816)
Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
03-06-16 12:29 PM - Post#203596    

1000 points, 900 rebounds, 300 blocks. I doubt that the league will see that again soon. A frustrating season for Brown and for CK, but a truly great career.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Cedrick Kuakumensah
03-07-16 08:13 AM - Post#203662    
    In response to Old Bear

The thing I liked best about watching Cedric for four years was that he got better every single year he played. His offensive game evolved so much, particularly after his sophomore year, when he added the outside shot to his repertoire. His back to the basket game really opened up as well. But what we'll remember most about Cedric was the thing he brought from the first day he put on the uniform, his incredible shot blocking. To be an all-time Ivy leader in anything is a remarkable achievement, but it was really fun to watch him become that in an area the league isn't exactly known for. Watching him swat shots over the course of his career - and not just against teams like Central Connecticut, but putting up multiple blocks against teams like Notre Dame, SMU and Providence - was a joy. Cedric is truly one of the Brown all-time greats, and one of the best Ivy defenders in league history. You don't replace a player like that.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

hoopla 
Masters Student

Reg: 08-28-12
03-07-16 11:34 AM - Post#203669    
    In response to Bruno

I think the BUSF will soon have two men's bball players for the Brown athletics HOF--McGonagil and Kuak.

Tip of the hat to Kuak for an outstanding career.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.222 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:59 PM