Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ian Sistare        (Topic#18957)
hoopla 
Masters Student

Reg: 08-28-12
04-07-16 10:22 PM - Post#205880    

I heard he had committed to Dartmouth but is awaiting confirmation of admission from the College. Is he in / still coming despite the coaching change? If he gets in, the next coach should call him immediately. He will be another great piece of this young core.

20Penn14 
Senior

Reg: 02-26-12
Re: Ian Sistare
06-01-16 03:23 PM - Post#207355    
    In response to hoopla

Adam Finkelstein
‏@AdamFinkelstein
.@NMHbasketball unsigned senior Ian Sistare has committed to Dartmouth. Good pick-up for newly appointed head coach Dave McLaughlin.

hoopla 
Masters Student

Reg: 08-28-12
Ian Sistare
06-01-16 06:52 PM - Post#207360    
    In response to 20Penn14

GREAT that we didn't lose Ian after the coaching change. Very good incoming class, plus the last 2 ROYs = we should be in the top 4, competing for the Big Dance next year and into the foreseeable future.

Looking forward to November. Kudos to McLaughlin and his staff for closing this one.

Edited by hoopla on 06-01-16 06:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ivyhoopsfan 
Freshman

Reg: 09-18-10
06-02-16 05:40 PM - Post#207376    
    In response to hoopla

The NMH connection was significant. John Carroll is highly focused on getting his players that want high academics placed at Ivies. Ian is a New Hampshire kid and his parent's can see him play regularly.
This line goes back to in recent years to Weeden, Rufful, Riddle, Brooks, Golden, Carpenter, and Fleming. Cormier's son, James, had rich experience at NMH as an assistance coach. Dartmouth was a done deal, awaiting Ian qualifying for admission. To their credit, the existing coaching staff continued this process.

Last year NMH had 9 alums on Ivy League basketball rosters. Ian will be a good get for the Big Green.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
07-09-16 10:15 AM - Post#208195    
    In response to ivyhoopsfan

Ian Sistare High School Highlights:

Ian Sisare Highlights
"...no excuses - only results!”

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

09-23-16 11:55 PM - Post#210814    
    In response to GoBigGreenBasketball

A third McDonald’s All-American Nominee in the class, Sistare is a local product from Dublin, New Hampshire, who attended Northfield Mount Hermon. The 6-3, 195-pound guard lettered all four years and captained the team the last three seasons, helping the Hoggers win the New England Prep Championship last year with a 28-8 record. In his freshman campaign, NMH won its first National Prep Championship with a school-record 29 wins against just five defeats. The Hoggers’ all-time leader in games played scored over 1,000 points in his career and averaged 13.4 points, 6.5 rebounds and 4.8 assists in his final season at NMH.

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
09-24-16 01:15 PM - Post#210818    

That assist number is impressive given the team's nickname.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

11-02-16 05:34 PM - Post#212350    
    In response to hoopla

Ian Sistare - Under Armour Association Circuit Stats Summer 2014

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

12-31-16 02:47 PM - Post#217110    

Sistare at home with Dartmouth
By ROGER BROWN
New Hampshire Union Leader

The Dartmouth College basketball roster is filled with players from such places as Illinois, Texas, California, Massachusetts and even Lithuania.

Then there’s freshman Ian Sistare, a 6-foot-3 guard, who made the 80-mile drive from his Dublin home to Hanover — a distance just about right for him.

“I always had Dartmouth and the Ivy League on my mind through high school,” Sistare explained. “I took a visit and fell in love with the place. The main thing is it’s close to home. I didn’t have the urge to go that far away.

“The academic piece was important to me and my family, and it was a place where I could do well in basketball as well.”

Dartmouth (2-9) will play the University of New Hampshire (8-4) Saturday (2 p.m.) at Dartmouth’s Leede Arena. Sistare has played in all 11 Dartmouth games this season, and is averaging 4.2 points, 4.0 rebounds and a little more than 19 minutes of playing time per game.

Sistare made his way to Dartmouth via Trinity High School in Manchester and the Northfield Mount Hermon School in Mount Hermon, Mass. Sistare played point guard for Trinity as a freshman, then spent four seasons playing prep school basketball (he repeated his freshman season).

His 2011-12 Trinity team earned the No. 1 seed for the Division I tournament, but lost to fourth-seeded Manchester Central in a double-overtime semifinal game.

“I would have gone to ConVal (in Peterborough), so Trinity was a good option,” Sistare said. “It was a fun year. Coach Keefe (former Trinity coach Dave Keefe) taught me a lot about basketball and life in general.”

Sistare’s Northfield Mount Hermon team went 29-5 and won the national prep school championship during his freshman season. He served as a team captain for each of the next three years, and averaged 13.4 points, 6.5 rebounds and 4.8 assists as a senior, when he helped Northfield Mount Hermon win the New England prep school championship.

Sistare scored 1,020 points during his prep school career.

Dartmouth senior Mike Fleming also played at Northfield Mount Hermon, a program known for sending players to the Ivy League. Six of the eight Ivy League schools currently have a Northfield Mount Hermon graduate on the their roster.

UNH enters Saturday’s game averaging 69.4 points per contest, and allowing an average of 64.8. Three UNH players are averaging more than 12.0 points per game: senior guard Jeleen Smith (16.1), junior forward Tanner Leissner (15.7) and senior guard Daniel Dion (12.5). Leissner is the team’s leading rebounder (8.4).

Sistare said in addition to Dartmouth, Vermont, Boston University and Brown were the school’s he considered attending.

“Dartmouth was really the perfect mix,” he explained. “It was a familiar environment, because I don’t live too far away, and the academics speak for itself.”

Dartmouth has won two straight since an 0-2 start. Sistare scored a career-high 10 points and had four rebounds in Dartmouth’s last outing, a 75-69 victory over Bryant. He has grabbed a career-high six rebounds in six of Dartmouth’s 11 games.

“I didn’t really expect much this year,” Sistare said. “I just wanted to come in and compete. Give it my best shot.

“I can’t complain with how things have gone so far. It’s all smiles. We’re just working toward being a good team.”

rbrown@unionleader.com

- See more at: Link to NH Union Leader

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.695 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:25 AM