Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Thin Recruiting So Far        (Topic#190)
brownbruin 
Freshman

Loc: Connecticut
Reg: 11-22-04
12-09-04 12:15 AM - Post#869    

Is anyone concerned about Brown's apparent lack of commits so far, as listed on the Recruiting page? I know that Miller's got a large freshman class, but that shouldn't mean that the next year's recruiting class should be given short shrift. Every Ivy team has at least 3 commits, some have 4 and 1 has 5. It's not as though we're overly endowed with 4's and 5's. Is it possible that Miller has one foot out the door? He actively sought the Northeastern job last year. Is he again looking for greener Div. 1 pastures where he will have scholarship players? And, in doing so, is he neglecting the business of recruiting for Brown, which should be one of his top priorities? Anyone heard any scoop on this issue?

BrownAlum 
Freshman

Re: Thin Recruiting So Far
12-09-04 03:12 PM - Post#870    
    In response to brownbruin

I guarantee that he is not neglecting the business of recruiting this year.

I wouldn't be too worried about the lack of commits so far. Some years kids decide later and I'm also not sure how much faith to put into the various recruiting services which the recruiting page here draws from. (I'm not slighting the work done by the editors of this site) I think sometimes the lower DI kids get lost in the shuffle and aren't tracked as closely as the others so we may have some commits that haven't been made public yet or could be looking at kids who aren't on people's radar screens.

I think, based on Miller's work so far, we should not panic, be patient and see what happens.

SomeGuy 
Professor

Re: Thin Recruiting So Far
12-13-04 05:58 PM - Post#871    
    In response to brownbruin

The fact that Forte is the only senior is the other side of this. Anybody they add at this point either lengthens the bench beyond 14 or creates the need for further attrition. And because Ruscoe is the only junior, the bench would stay long.

Anyway, while the other teams have more recruits, I don't think anybody has more commits than graduating seniors at this point.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.278 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:14 AM