Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Username Post: NBA Draft        (Topic#19039)
sparman 
PhD Student
sparman
Reg: 12-08-04
05-27-16 03:34 PM - Post#207313    
    In response to SRP

• SRP Said:
One for two, but I'd bet the Administration would gladly exchange their hockey and lacrosse successes for similar success in the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. Does anyone doubt that?

I do.

Each school has different priorities, for example Johns Hopkins has had good (NC level) results in several sports (ironically including soccer with a young Bill Tierney as novice coach in the fall), but they would gladly trade it for lacrosse excellence.

I would not be surprised if Denver cared more about hockey than basketball, especially when you look at their historical results in each. Now, times change, but does their alumni base care about basketball?

bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
Re: NBA Draft
05-30-16 08:02 AM - Post#207325    
    In response to palestra38

CBS SPORTS has put out the best 30 players at all 5 positions for the draft and there were NO Ivy League players listed --- i.e. Sears, Lo, etc. There were some mid-conference players on the list including Warney (Stony Brook), English (Iona), etc. It will be good to see an Ivy League player get drafted over the next few years --- Who is the question? Mason will be a very good player but his height and athleticism will work against him. Time will tell.

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.182 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:08 AM