Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Women's Preseason Rankings and Off to Durham        (Topic#19464)
dperry 
Postdoc
dperry
Loc: Houston, TX
Reg: 11-24-04
11-11-16 01:38 AM - Post#212934    

The women are ranked #4 in the first ESPN mid-major poll, eighth in the College Insider mid-major list (with Princeton at #10 and a first-place vote (!) and Harvard receiving votes), #32 in the College Sports Madness overall preview, and are even getting some votes in the coaches' poll. Pretty awesome for a team that six years ago was one of the dregs of Division 1.

The wife and I will be heading out Saturday morning for Durham and Cameron Indoor. It'll be my first visit to Duke, and it should be a lovely fall Sunday, so I am very much looking forward to it. The DP preview makes it sound like Anderson and Sterba will be getting quality time right off, which is good, because they'll need the depth against the Blue Devils and all throughout the year. Apparently, Duke lost two highly touted freshmen after last year-one to transfer and the other returning to her native Spain to play pro- amid claims of bad behavior by coach Joanne McCallie. Said coach survived, but we'll see what effect that has against us, since we gave them a great game last year as it was. Between that, the men opening against Robert Morris, and tomorrow's football game against Harvard, it should be a great weekend in Penn sports. Enjoy it, all!
David Perry
Penn '92
"Hail, Alma Mater/Thy sons cheer thee now
To thee, Pennsylvania/All rivals must bow!!!"

AsiaSunset 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Women's Preseason Rankings and Off to Durham
11-11-16 11:54 AM - Post#212961    
    In response to dperry

Penn, Princeton and Harvard all have top 100 recruits coming in next year. The women are ahead of the men in terms of improving against non Ivy opponents.

ps Saw PWB got another recruit - Tori Crawford. Switched her commitment from Brown to Penn. She's a 3*** recruit e.g a notch below the three referenced above in terms of prospect ratings.

Streamers 
Professor
Streamers
Loc: NW Philadelphia
11-11-16 01:04 PM - Post#212971    
    In response to AsiaSunset

Just returned from a trip to the Duke campus to see my daughter from Philly last weekend. It is beautiful this time of year, check out the Gardens if you get a chance. If you are driving, be warned, it takes a lot longer than it should. Give it about 7.5-8 hours depending on when you leave - pick your route carefully through DC and Baltimore as well. That is where you get held up along with the construction on 85 at the NC border. Oh, and the check out the restaurants in and next to Chapel Hill. There are some great ones there.

11Quakers 
Sophomore

Reg: 02-25-12
11-11-16 06:41 PM - Post#213024    
    In response to Streamers

Asia,

If you don't mind sharing, where is the best site to follow Penn's recruiting efforts? I cannot seem to track any down.

Much appreciated

AsiaSunset 
Postdoc

11-11-16 07:06 PM - Post#213030    
    In response to 11Quakers

There is no real site. I've just seen the class form through tweets.

the best women's site is Prospect Nation. Here is a link to their top 150;

https://prospectsnation.com/players/ranked/2017

Penn has #61
Harvard has #84 and #101
Princeton has #92 and #121

H's class is #29
Pr is #31
Pe is #47

but they each have 3 in their database. We have only 2.

Very strong recruiting for Ivy women

Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
11-28-16 12:18 AM - Post#214200    
    In response to AsiaSunset

Princeton women, with only one returning starter, are off to slow start with 4 losses. But, it appears that they are beginning to turn it around over the past few games. Meanwhile, the Penn women aren't exactly setting the world on fire with a 1-3 start. Injuries? Graduated stars? What's up?

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.34 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:23 PM