Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cincinnati        (Topic#19475)
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
11-11-16 10:10 PM - Post#213058    

Probably one of my least favorite games against a big time team in a while. First half at Georgetown last year was rough, but that game was more fun to watch.

Definitely a tough draw for Brown against a ranked team in their home opener, especially missing their biggest player in Erebor. But they didn't play well and seemed tentative and at times lethargic.

Started a very small lineup, so there was no inside passing at all. 10 assists and maybe one easy bucket that I can remember.

Brown had the same number of defensive rebounds as Cincinnati had offensive, and got absolutely killed on the boards. Worst rebounding performance since probably before the Maia / Kuakumensah era. It was size but it was also finishing the box outs.

Worst part though was probably that I can't recall a single loose ball they won.

Very solid debut for Howard, who at 6'6 had no business being down low with the much bigger players, but did some productive things and was pretty aggressive. You can see he'll be good - I'm just not sure at what position, because I don't think he's your 5. He didn't make any threes but it looks like he can shoot it and handle it, so he's maybe a 3 or maybe smaller 4.

Apparently Sullivan is going to have to play more. Seems like all he does when he gets into the game is defend hard and hit threes.

Seniors did alright - Tavon controlled the ball well and just missed shots. Speith had a very hard time inside but still managed to play his savvy game. Hobbie was probably the biggest bright spot offensively, hitting threes both open and contested.

Tough draw, tough game. But I hope they show more fight and less fright in the next one.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.181 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:54 AM