Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Brown beats UNH 76-64        (Topic#195)
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
12-09-04 02:37 AM - Post#989    

I didn't listen to the game, but just read the recap and box. Mark MacDonald explodes for 25, and PJ has a career high 11 and 6. Huffman has a nice game with 11 on 4 of 6 shooting. Nice night for the future of our team!

Forte held to 9 on poor shooting (1-7 from three - goes back to my concern about him over-relying on the long range jumper), but he did have 8 assists and 2 steals. Ruscoe finishes with 3 points -- how does Luke only take 4 shots?! Ridiculous. But he also had 8 rebounds and 3 blocks.

I'm also happy that Coulibaly started and seemed to play well with 8 points and 3 steals in 17 minutes.

It's really a shame Brown has this break right now -- winning four non-conference games in a row is really something for any Brown team, let alone THIS Brown team. But I'm so impressed with this freshman class and with what this team has been able to accomplish thus far. I'm a very happy fan, and hope they don't lose their momentum over the exam break.

In case anyone's counting, five of our freshmen have made what I'd call major contributions in games while playing major minutes.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

light blue heavy 
maximus
light blue heavy
Reg: 11-22-04
Re: Brown beats UNH 76-64
12-09-04 02:02 PM - Post#990    
    In response to Bruno

Yeah- its a really good sign to see that these guys can play and win even when Forte is having an off night.

8 dimes is really great for Forte also. I think there is definately a temptation for him to try and do too much this year. The more confidence his teammates earn, the better this team is going to work.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
12-09-04 02:17 PM - Post#991    
    In response to Bruno

Lot to love in the box score! Flahery, 11 pts., 6 rebs. in 15 minutes. 46 pts. from the Freshmen (record?). Becker's contribution was much more than 7 pts., 3 assists and 5 rebs., he made some key defensive plays when NH was trying to mount a comeback in the 2nd half, and a couple of very key offinsive rebounds as well. MacDonald and Flaherty combined for 26 pts, 9 rebs, o turnovers, 39 minutes, not too shabby!

BrownAlum 
Freshman

Reg: 11-22-04
12-09-04 03:06 PM - Post#992    
    In response to light blue heavy

Good win last night although I thought the Bears should have put it away a little sooner than they did. The cold shooting from 3 in the second half let UNH hang around.

MacDonald was, obviously, impressive. His post game still needs work but it is so great to see the impact he has had so far. I think he and PJ make a nice combo down low, they are very different offensive players but both are effective. PJ's bulk gives him a bit of an edge on defense, MacDonald gets pushed around too much.

I was more impressed with Coulibaly last night than I had been. He was more active than I had seen him. I still like Jeppesen but Miller seems to only like playing him for 3 or 4 minutes at a time right now.

The defense had me a little worried last night. The guards got beat off the dribble quite a bit which led to easy buckets or offensive rebounds by UNH becuase the defense had to rotate and move around. Miller has always done a great job of getting them to play excellent help defense but that still causes problems and leaves people open for shots or to hit the glass. Hopefully the young guards will get better on the ball as the season goes on.

The bottom line for me is these guys are playing well with one senior, one junior, 2 sophomores and 5 freshmen so not only could things be better than we had hoped for this year, the future definitely looks bright.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.469 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:43 AM