Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Marist        (Topic#19504)
Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
11-19-16 09:34 PM - Post#213576    

Sloppy game for the Bears following a great effort on Wednesday. Too many unforced turnovers to give themselves a chance against a Marist team that shot the ball very well from beyond the arc.

To repeat Bruno's question, where is Erebor? Right now, this team is basically playing with one proper big man. Unless it's a fitness/injury thing, seems it couldn't hurt to give Wilkinson or Erebor a little more time this early in the season.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Marist
11-19-16 11:41 PM - Post#213579    
    In response to Ever True

Surprisingly we haven't been beat up on the boards the last two games. But the loss was disappointing after URI pasted Marist and Brown battled so well. The lead guards were nowhere to be found tonight. And defensively we're atrocious. I know shooting percentages are up generally with all the very tight officiating this early in the season. But the defense has been awful.

Khalid Hart strikes again. We just don't have anyone who is able to match up with him. Killed us last year and killed us again this year.

LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

jst4245 
Freshman

Reg: 05-23-12
11-19-16 11:51 PM - Post#213580    
    In response to Ever True

Disappointing loss. Very winnable game - guys came out completely FLAT (with the exception of Speith and Sullivan's initial burst) and remained that way for the duration.

Lot of things we can point at but I'm going to shine a light on Obi for a moment. If we are going to reach our ceiling as a team (which I believe is playoffs) he has to be much more assertive getting involved with the flow of the game. If he is not scoring or slashing he needs to hit the glass to get the ball on his hands a little. When he is locked in I think we have the best starting wings in the league. A quiet 11 points in 28 minutes on just 6 shots aint gonna do it. At 6'5 - 2 rebounds should be unacceptable to him.

I think we are good enough to turn it around and get a win tomorrow night.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
11-20-16 02:57 PM - Post#213624    
    In response to jst4245

It seems that Erebor is going to take some time to learn the system, not unusual for an Ivy big, and Wilkerson's recovery form knee surgery is limiting his availability. It may take awhile for this team to develop some consistency on D.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.607 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:37 AM