Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Albany        (Topic#19508)
JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
11-20-16 10:26 PM - Post#213661    

Much better effort after a slow start. Sullivan came in and played point of 1-3-1 zone . Lots of energy lead to a number of turnovers (11 in the half) lead to fast break points and good possessions. Bears up 39-30 after being down 8 early. Speith has 13 with three 3s. Okolie played well and more under control. The defense is much more serious and consistent. Martin mixing man and zone effectivly. Lots of enthusiasm from staff and bench that helps in a near empty arena.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
11-21-16 03:26 AM - Post#213666    
    In response to JBears

Don't fully agree with this assessment of the game. I loved how Brown came back and I thought that 1-3-1 dominance was so important to see. Great to know we can do that. But their man defense is atrocious. They don't stop anybody. I like the press and the 1-3-1 has had spurts of effectiveness (I agree - Sullivan is a key to making that defense work), but it's the worst man defense I can remember from a Brown team. Albany just keeps curling inside on the man, bucket after bucket. They blew this one after being up 11 in the second half. Kenpom has their efg defense as just about the worst in the nation. They're not going to win games if they continue to defend this poorly - 1-3-1 and press notwithstanding.

Big test coming up in that Brown plays four in a row against sub-300 teams. Games they should win.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.77 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:53 AM