Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Longwood        (Topic#19541)
hoopla 
Masters Student

Reg: 08-28-12
11-30-16 04:35 PM - Post#214460    
    In response to GoBigGreenBasketball

I think Wes might actually score 6 to 10 a game on offensive rebound put backs. He is a good defender and a natural shot blocker who would help protect the rim. This might help provide a better defensive foundation, which might help our overall half court D. His jumper isn't pretty and he's not at all an offensive threat in a traditional way, but last year, the team seemed go on nice runs when he was in.

I agree the guards aren't guarding as well as they can or need to.

I agree our offense isn't looking very good and Evan needs relief. Between Wright, Johnson, and G. Smith (as well as Fleming who won't get by you but hits the open shot and Sistare who can get to the rim out of pure determination) I am sure they will figure it out and provide some relief for Evan. Are they running many special sets for Evan?

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
12-01-16 12:47 AM - Post#214537    
    In response to hoopla

I think Evan is option 1, 2, and 3 LOL
"...no excuses - only results!”

SomeDartmouthStudent 
Freshman

Reg: 11-30-16
12-01-16 12:13 PM - Post#214568    

Longtime follower here, just getting into the posting game. As someone who spends a lot of time with the team (Grad student), this start to the season is a huge disappointment.

Our defense is horrible (I'm starting to miss Cormier) and Boudreaux is the only viable scoring option on the team. The only bright side is that as of ODU last night, we are losing by less. I can't imagine much will change moving forward.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

12-01-16 03:24 PM - Post#214592    
    In response to SomeDartmouthStudent

Glad to have you here. It will be nice having insider insight into our team!

Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
12-01-16 03:37 PM - Post#214597    

I'll accept that if we played like we did against ODU at the Longwood and Marist games, we would have won. But that's not the way it works.

If Boudreaux can't go for whatever reason, we won't have a prayer against anyone.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

12-01-16 06:38 PM - Post#214617    
    In response to Go Green

I can't argue with that. We've put a lot on Evan's shoulders. It showed in the ODU game. They basically had every guy have a foot in the paint and a double team at the ready to stop Evan. He still managed to get double digit scoring and nearly rebounds though.

We have scoring away from Evan, but everything goes through him, which it should. However, that's not going to help if we ever have to play without him for any length of time.

I think the ODU game helped loosen these guys up. They were playing super tight. I think the freedom to play hard a foul and then be able to get back on the floor again gave the guys more rope.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.217 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:37 PM