Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Bucknell        (Topic#19661)
Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
12-23-16 08:05 PM - Post#216560    
    In response to Petrie

I've given up on Brennan. Nice kid, but he does not know how to use his height. Twice last night he was away from the basket and committed fouls running inside to contest a rebound. We don't need him nearly as much as a three point shooter as we need in the paint offense, defense and rebounding. However, he is not inclined to mix it up underneath.

bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
12-23-16 08:07 PM - Post#216562    
    In response to Petrie

Looking at the numbers, Princeton does miss Caruso and Brase. Stephens shooting percentage has only been 33% for the games that he has started but he plays the toughest player to guard whether a forward, Thomas-Bucknell, Robinson-Monmouth or Newkirk-St. Joes's ---- he has an interesting skill set with definite upside potential.

Cannady exudes more confidence in every game and Cook now averages over 15 points a game.

Very different looking team with the injuries as well as projected playing time going back to the start of the season.

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
12-23-16 08:30 PM - Post#216565    
    In response to bradley

I agree that we need the continuing recovery of Bell and some help in the post to feel good about making it to the NCAAs. Bell has come around in the last few games somewhat, so that's hopeful.

With the bigs, it seems that they are being coached to defer to the rest of the team on offense, Brennan slightly less so than the others. If you don't even position yourself to be an offensive threat when you do catch the ball then you're not going to contribute much. Unlike Tiger69, I thought Brennan played much better the last few games, although he does grab too much and commit fouls. His defense is actually pretty tough if you factor in showing on ball screens and scrambling back to cover the rim. I'd be more worried about low rebounding numbers last night if Bucknell had had more than one offensive rebound.

Silver Maple 
Postdoc

Loc: Westfield, New Jersey
12-23-16 08:41 PM - Post#216566    
    In response to Tiger69

• Tiger69 Said:
I've given up on Brennan. Nice kid, but he does not know how to use his height. Twice last night he was away from the basket and committed fouls running inside to contest a rebound. We don't need him nearly as much as a three point shooter as we need in the paint offense, defense and rebounding. However, he is not inclined to mix it up underneath.

As I recall, the CW on Brennan when he was recruited was that, despite his height, his real strength was his perimeter skills. That being the case, perhaps the real mistake was trying to turn him into an interior player.

Tiger69 
Postdoc

12-23-16 11:07 PM - Post#216569    
    In response to Silver Maple

I'll accept that you may be correct about his recruitment. But, sadly, except for an occasional three I haven't seen much. He doesn't seem to be able to defend without fouling. He can't drive to the basket without turning the ball over. He can't rebound from the perimeter So, he isn't an effective replacement to spell Miller or Gladson. I don't like to criticize Tiger players. I assume that Brennan is trying to do the best he can. Maybe Kittles can help him out -- I assume that that is his role as an assistant. This is, rather, an expression of hope that others will now be given Brennan's PT as a chance to prove themselves.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.268 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:33 AM