Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Quinnipiac        (Topic#19691)
Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
12-30-16 12:27 PM - Post#216999    

I know that some on these boards have been critical of Brown'd D, but the defense was the difference in this one. Hobbie was 5-8 from 3 and 4-4 from the line, Fuller scored 14 pts and had 8 rbs. Blackmon joined the 1,000 point club. Brown had 19 turnovers but, at least half were due to travelling calls, all but one by the same Ref. I know it's a point of emphasis this year but this was ridiculous. It's one thing when the player is going to the hoop and gets an advantage, but in many of these this was not the case. There were similar, ridiculous calls against Quinnipiac, as well.

JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
12-30-16 05:46 PM - Post#217017    
    In response to Old Bear

I was surprised to see Fuller start in place of Howard, who has been a big surprise this year and a leading scorer. But Fuller has been improving nightly to the point he has become a 12/8 guy who adds needed size to the line-up. I found those numerous traveling calls unusual, myself. But Brown also was very sloppy with the ball, too, contributing to the high turnover total. And those sloppy to's often deterred the Bears from extending the lead, allowing Quinipiac to stay in the game. Hobbie was great and left me wondering who will replace that outside shooting excellence next year. I've gotten spoiled enjoying it for three-plus years. Martin does a good job changing the defense at times. He did that yesterday by extending the D and causing the opponent to speed up the pace which created some turnovers and changed the flow of the game. Daugherty and Triplett helped this happen yesterday as Chris Sullivan was out with a brace on his hand. Tavon's Sr. Leadership from the point is invaluable as we head into conference play soon. Overall the team continues to improve. Aside from some sloppiness last evening.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
12-30-16 09:15 PM - Post#217040    
    In response to JBears

Agreed JB, Howard and Anderson were great early, nice to see others contribute when they are figuring things out, as freshmen are wont to do. I'm optimistic that Okolie will shake out of his sophomore slump, though his D and rebounding have been great. Dougherty is a good 3 shooter, and he and Sullivan have some assets that I wish JR had.

jst4245 
Freshman

Reg: 05-23-12
12-30-16 09:35 PM - Post#217042    
    In response to Old Bear

That game was absolutely painful to watch - due to the officiating. You can expect a bad call here or there but these guys should've been doing the East Providence High game down the street.

Fuller has been playing really well - but was a little surprised he got the starting nod. He gives us much needed size down there - as he can at least potentially alter some shots.

To Bears point - we are really going to miss what Hobbie brings next year. That kid is automatic with any type of daylight from deep. Our offense is much more dynamic with him out there. Would love to see him in one of those college 3 point shootouts on ESPN when the season is over.

Kudos to Tavon on scoring 1,000 points and playing really well this year. I have yet to witness one of his ridiculous around the back passes in the paint this year - which were not only a staple of his game the past three years but an automatic turnover. He has scrubbed that nonsense and it is paying off. Also have to commend the kid on his attitude in allowing ball handling duties to be shared with Anderson. He could have made the situation very difficult - but I haven't witnessed any tension.

We should get at least one of these next two games - if not both! Anybody know what the school record is for non conference wins? I would think we are close?

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.451 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:21 PM