Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Questions for Coaches        (Topic#19779)
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
01-17-17 02:48 PM - Post#218575    

Please post any questions for the Belle Koclane's and David Mclaughlin here if you can't tweet them. I will try to get them out for you.
"...no excuses - only results!”

rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
01-17-17 05:45 PM - Post#218586    
    In response to GoBigGreenBasketball

At the pre-season teleconference, Coach McLaughlin mentioned that the team would be defined by how its opponents defined them (I am paraphrasing, but believe I have the spirit of his comment).

Two months and one conference game into the season, how would he define the team and how does he feel its opponents would define them?

Also, Steve Donahue has mentioned that he puts a lot of emphasis on practice performance when creating his starting lineup. How does Coach McLaughlin determine his starting 5 and his first players off the bench?

Thanks for the request for questions!

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

01-17-17 06:08 PM - Post#218591    
    In response to rbg

Great questions!

Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
01-18-17 10:26 AM - Post#218631    
    In response to GoBigGreenBasketball

For Coach K, probably something along the lines of why she apparently doesn't think (based upon her quotes in the Valley News article) that it's possible for Dartmouth to win the title every other year the way Wielgus did in her glory days.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

01-20-17 10:59 AM - Post#218841    
    In response to rbg

• rbg Said:
Also, Steve Donahue has mentioned that he puts a lot of emphasis on practice performance when creating his starting lineup. How does Coach McLaughlin determine his starting 5 and his first players off the bench?

Thanks for the request for questions!

Looking at the projected starters for the second tilt versus Harvard, this question is poignant and timely.
Looking back, Barry has is proving to be the the best PG we have. So I think your question of what it takes to become starter is a good one. As long as it's clear to the players is what really matter, but it would be nice to know as fans.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.445 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:40 PM