Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Harvard v Bryant        (Topic#19780)
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
01-17-17 03:26 PM - Post#218576    

I only caught a little of the Harvard vs Bryant game. At the point I stopped watching Harvard was up 22! Turned out the game ended much closer. Harvard got away with a mere 5 point win .

Amaker didn't roll out everyone like he did against the Big Green, but he has taken his youth movement to a whole new level. He only played 10 guys. Amaker started only 3 upperclassmen and played 4 in total. He must really trust his freshman. He played 6 of them, 4 with starter minutes. Big Zena only had 11 mins and 2 pts. Looks like there win now strategy continues to be lead by his underclassmen.

Harvard beat Bryant in the paint. Their bench also beat Bryant's by a wide margin 30-5. 28 of those bench points were from their freshman. 43/70 points came from the underclassman for 61% of their production. Yikes!!! With this kind of PT and in game experience these guys will be monsters next year.

"...no excuses - only results!”

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
01-18-17 02:26 AM - Post#218620    
    In response to GoBigGreenBasketball

I watched the game in full and concluded that the game wasn't as close as the final score suggest. Harvard crushed Bryant on the O boards. The harvard defense was pretty tough all game. Amaker only used two Time Outs as Bryant made the second half run. Bryant was playing like they had nothing to lose and got hot from 3...got luckily actually.

Harvard was just too long athletic and gets up and down the court like a high major team. Amaker at no time seemed concerned about the score. He looked more intent on coaching through the couple errors that they did have. Mostly Harvard didn't shoot as well in the second half. Bryant ran out of magic at the end of the game. It was unnecessarily close.

It looked like Amaker was coaching the bench and really seeing what his guys could do. It wouldn't surprise me if he was hoping the game got closer to put some extra pressure on his guys to see how they would react.
"...no excuses - only results!”

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.154 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:19 PM