Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: The Night the Lights Went Out In Ithaca        (Topic#19877)
dperry 
Postdoc
dperry
Loc: Houston, TX
Reg: 11-24-04
02-05-17 02:35 AM - Post#220555    

Did you all forget to pay your electric bill?

This is the second time an Ivy game has suffered power failure in the past two seasons; last year's women's game at Dartmouth vs. Penn also lost power, although that was only with a minute remaining, and the emergency lighting proved sufficient to finish the game by.
David Perry
Penn '92
"Hail, Alma Mater/Thy sons cheer thee now
To thee, Pennsylvania/All rivals must bow!!!"

Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-14-06
02-05-17 09:15 AM - Post#220565    
    In response to dperry

Governor Cuomo is clueless when it comes to energy matters. More problems to come all over New York State when Indian Point closes.

penn nation 
Professor

Reg: 12-02-04
02-05-17 01:12 PM - Post#220597    
    In response to Columbia 37P6

How close do you live to Indian Point?

I live 25 miles away and am thrilled. Yes, it may cost more for a while before we develop additional energy resources, but it was a mistake to have this built so close to the NYC area.

Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-14-06
02-06-17 11:57 PM - Post#220750    
    In response to penn nation

Believe me, I fully understand and appreciate your concern about Indian Point, but it's hypocritical of Governor Cuomo to offer substantial subsidies to keep four upstate plants open while closing Indian Point to allay the fears of people like yourself who live downstate. From a moral standpoint one cannot successfully argue that Governor Cuomo is doing the right thing by keeping upstate people at risk just because less people will die in a nuclear incident upstate than downstate. Anyway, my original point had nothing to do with safety or morality. After being involved with the electrical energy industry for many years, I believe that Cuomo is clueless from a technical standpoint about energy matters and that New York State lacks a well-conceived plan for fulfilling its residents' future energy requirements. Hopefully, I'm wrong, but many technical oriented people share my concern.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.465 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:29 AM