Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Harvard        (Topic#19948)
Chet Forte 
Postdoc

Reg: 03-02-08
02-17-17 10:04 PM - Post#222175    

Another magnificent comeback falls short. Down by 16 at the half. Went up 70-69 and wound up losing 78-72. Tape was a revelation. Meisner didn't play. We could have used him. If we make it into the tournament we will be a nightmare for whoever plays us.

cc66 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-09-09
02-17-17 10:13 PM - Post#222178    
    In response to Chet Forte

Probably the best game for Tape, and Adlesh, with 10 pts played well too. I still don't understand why he doesn't play more. But the takeaway is that we are the streakiest team around--down by 16 at half, we go into the lead by 1 with 3 minutes remaining, and then lose by 6. We're good enough to scare the top teams, but this year at least, not apparently good enough to win.

We had better win tomorrow night at Dartmouth, though, if we want to hold on to 4th place.

Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-14-06
02-17-17 10:52 PM - Post#222217    

Second consecutive " magnificent comeback," but once again we fell far behind our opponent due to not using the right starting line-up and then wildly substituting a third string player and the like. Quinton Adlesh belonged in the starting line-up, and once he came in, he kept us in the game with his team high ten points in the first half. Then talented frosh center,,Patrick Tape, combined with Smith and Hickman to spearhead the huge comeback only to be substituted for moments after the Lions took their first lead very late in the game. Maybe I'm wrong on that happening, because I don't have the play by play, but if I'm right, that was a mistake that may have cost us the game.

Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

02-17-17 11:36 PM - Post#222231    
    In response to Columbia 37P6

Just saw the replay video and I was mostly correct. Lions subbed for Patrick Tape with Harvard leading by one point 69-68 with 3:33 remaining. Mike Smith then made a great steal and score to give Columbia a 70-69 lead. With Tape on the bench for about the next two minutes Harvard outscores us 6-0 to put us away. Tape comes back in with about 50 seconds remaining. Too late - game over. Maybe Harvard would have won the game anyway, but Tape was playing great offense and defense, why take him out?

Columbia Alum 
Junior

Reg: 11-15-11
02-18-17 12:14 AM - Post#222239    

Patrick tape, Patrick tape, let the boy play, I and others have been saying it all season. Imagine if he were given more minutes in OOC. He was good on the stats and good on the eye. He plays with aggression and he's big, in fact there's a good chance he'll be best big Columbia has had in a decade, petrasek included. The starting lineup, I'm convinced, needs to be petrasek, tape, Adlesh, smith, Hickman. With Coby, Meisner, killingsworth, hunter and Davis all playing significant minutes off the bench. Voss is massive but he is more of a special situations guy, so should play a few set plays in the game. Now let's get that needed win tomorrow, I hope the team is hungry after today's solid comeback.

Chet Forte 
Postdoc

02-18-17 08:30 AM - Post#222257    
    In response to Columbia Alum

I am equally puzzled by the substitution patterns. And not having Meisner available also hurt.

Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

Harvard
02-18-17 10:00 AM - Post#222266    

Columbia Alum is right on--a starting line-up of Petrasek, Tape, Adlesh, Smith and Hickman is clearly the rbest starting line-up. More than that, the coaching staff has to stop making those wild, erratic player substitutions moments into the contest which are killing us--e.g.the losses to Princeton and Harvard. We should have won both games easily. Our coaching staff needs to stop fooling around and put our best players on the floor at the start of the game tonight. Then, let's invoke the tried and true "no substitution rule" for the first ten minutes of the game.

Edited by Columbia 37P6 on 02-18-17 10:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Chet Forte 
Postdoc

02-18-17 10:58 AM - Post#222270    

Engles seems to have some sort of issue with Tape. In the beginning of the year he said thatTape wasn't ready to play. Then Tape couldn't stay out of foul trouble. But now he is ready and should be starting and playing 25-28 minutes a game assuming he stays out of foul trouble. Our comeback was led by Smith and Tape, two freshmen. Hunter has really played himself out of the starting lineup. So I would also go with Tape, Petrasek, Smith, Adlesh and Hickman, although I think that Hickman has regressed in league play. Coby is better coming off the bench. If Meisner is healthy he needs to be on the court with Coby as part of the second unit. Davis and Killingsworth are about as deep as I would go on substitutions right now.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.142 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:18 AM