Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Interesting games this week        (Topic#19989)
TheLine 
Professor

Reg: 07-07-09
02-23-17 02:49 PM - Post#223120    

5 teams have do or die games this weekend.

1) Yale at Dartmouth on Saturday

If on Friday Dartmouth beats Brown and Harvard beats Yale then a Dartmouth win on Saturday puts the #3 seed at stake and the standings in disarray.

2) and 3) Penn at Cornell (Friday) and Columbia (Saturday)

Sweep this weekend and you are in the driver's seat for a ticket to the Ivy tournament. Get swept and you're either out or on life support.

Streamers 
Professor
Streamers
Loc: NW Philadelphia
Reg: 11-21-04
02-23-17 03:45 PM - Post#223134    
    In response to TheLine

I never bet on Ivy Hoops, but if I did I'd take the 4 Yale is getting tomorrow in Cambridge. Harvard is motivation enough for them, but coming off the pasting from Penn, I think they sweep the weekend since they know that would may lock the 3 for them which is now in play.

palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
02-23-17 04:39 PM - Post#223139    
    In response to Streamers

It means a lot to Harvard too, and they of course always get up for Yale. And they just may have a better team. I would give the points.

SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
02-23-17 09:39 PM - Post#223162    
    In response to palestra38

How Yale responds should be interesting. I think we caught them on the backend of a weekend with a tougher Friday night matchup, which is exactly what happened to us against Brown and Dartmouth. I'm guessing they bounce back. Of course, at Harvard against a team that is at least comparable, they can bounce back pretty well and still lose. And if they do, they could be right back where they were last weekend (or where we were when we went to Harvard), facing a Dartmouth team on the road that is far from a gimme. So I could see Yale sweeping this weekend, but I also could see them getting swept. In some ways, I think both sweep possibilities are more likely than a split.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.541 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:20 PM