Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy Tournament Fatigue        (Topic#20032)
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
02-27-17 07:37 PM - Post#223933    

So you're telling me there's still a chance...

If the Big Green win and the stars align just so...we can make make the 4th seed. I'm not sure if my heart can take anymore. Dartmouth is like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football held by Lucy. This season has been exhausting. But we're fans so I'll give it the good ol college try and muster up one more weekend of pure fandom and root for our guys to defy the odds and sweep the weekend and hope the stars align. Fire up the ILDN grab some popcorn and a beer and wave the banner!!!

Go Big Green.
"...no excuses - only results!”

penn nation 
Professor

Reg: 12-02-04
Re: Ivy Tournament Fatigue
02-27-17 07:46 PM - Post#223935    
    In response to GoBigGreenBasketball

I'll happy root for you if you end up being the 4th seed.

At this point, the goal is to take Princeton down, period. Then we'll REALLY hear the kvetching on this board (well, maybe not the D board, but for sure on the Princeton one :)). If Penn does it, that's the ideal but short of that any team'll do.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

02-27-17 11:05 PM - Post#223963    
    In response to penn nation

I secretly want Princeton tour get knocked out of the tourney just to see the torches and pitchforks come out. 😂😂😂

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
02-27-17 11:13 PM - Post#223964    

14-0 Princeton losing at 6-8 Penn is the best way to kill the tournament for good.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

02-28-17 09:30 PM - Post#224076    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

At the end of the day the ivy league tournament has done wonders for the board. The fact that we can even talk Dartmouth at all at this point in their season is worth the fatigue. Otherwise we'd be shutting down the Dartmouth board and grousing about next year.

Just think of Princeton gets knocked out, we'd never stop debating the tourney well into the off season! Princeton's whole season comes down to going undefeated for two games in March! *Cough* Gonzaga *Cough* P'ton hope they're clutch when it matters most!

Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
03-03-17 10:03 PM - Post#224571    

• GoBigGreenBasketball Said:

If the Big Green win and the stars align just so...we can make make the 4th seed. I'm not sure if my heart can take anymore. Dartmouth is like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football held by Lucy. This season has been exhausting. But we're fans so I'll give it the good ol college try and muster up one more weekend of pure fandom and root for our guys to defy the odds and sweep the weekend and hope the stars align. Fire up the ILDN grab some popcorn and a beer and wave the banner!!!

Go Big Green.

Still a hell of a long shot, but I'm pretty sure all the right things happened tonight.

IvyBballFan 
Masters Student

Loc: Central Florida
Reg: 11-19-09
03-03-17 10:27 PM - Post#224579    
    In response to Go Green

• Go Green Said:
  • GoBigGreenBasketball Said:

Go Big Green.

Still a hell of a long shot, but I'm pretty sure all the right things happened tonight.

I agree. Now, Saturday night, Dartmouth beats Princeton; Harvard beats Penn; and Yale beats Columbia.

4th place belongs to the Green. Right?

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

03-04-17 09:08 AM - Post#224655    
    In response to IvyBballFan

That's what the Astrologers are telling us. Stars are alligning.

hoopla 
Masters Student

Reg: 08-28-12
03-04-17 09:23 AM - Post#224660    

This is amazing. Because I think Harvard will beat Penn, and Yale will beat Columbia. Really, it is up to us beating Princeton. We played Princeton very tight in the first game, we are playing for survival, which is more motivation than they have. Who will be the hero tonight?

Go Green!

Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
03-04-17 09:38 AM - Post#224663    
    In response to hoopla

If we had taken care of business against Cornell, we would control our own destiny...

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.288 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:18 AM