Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Women's Report: Now What?        (Topic#20086)
dperry 
Postdoc
dperry
Loc: Houston, TX
Reg: 11-24-04
03-06-17 10:42 PM - Post#225340    

Well, the women built up a big lead on Dartmouth in the 3rd, promptly coughed it right back up and were tied at 47 with 7:15 to play, then gave up exactly 0 the rest of the way. The Green were crushed on the boards 44-31, with the Michelle and Syd show getting 19 of those plus 32 points. Again, those of you with ILDN should check out Chambers' steal and ridiculous reverse layup with about 7:30 to go.

They then trucked down to Cambridge and clinically closed out the Crimson, holding them under 30% overall and 20% from 3. The big ladies combined for 32 points and 15 boards this time, and Ross picked up 13, as they shot 37.5% from three, which is much better. Again, a surprisingly big celebration, with a little championship banner included.

Much as it pains me to say this, if I were McLaughlin, I'd consider at least semi-tanking tomorrow's game with the Tigers. I'd play the most vanilla style imaginable and not give any of the starters more than 20 minutes. I also hope practice was cancelled or at least lightened the past couple of days. I'd want to get all the rest I could for the early start on Saturday. We'll see what he chooses to do.
David Perry
Penn '92
"Hail, Alma Mater/Thy sons cheer thee now
To thee, Pennsylvania/All rivals must bow!!!"

dperry 
Postdoc
dperry
Loc: Houston, TX
Reg: 11-24-04
Re: Women's Report: Now What?
03-06-17 11:11 PM - Post#225345    
    In response to dperry

Couple of notes I forgot:

1.) Nwokedi now has about 8 or 9 double-doubles in a row, and broke 1,000 for her career the previous weekend against the C's. Like I said, if they win, totally POY.
2.) Stipanovich either took over or is tied for the all-time blocks lead in the Ivies for either sex, Cedric Kwakumensah being the previous title-holder. (Scary thing is, if Nwokedi finishes this season well, she'll have an outside shot at taking the lead herself next year. ) Nice article on Stip here: Blocks, Bachelor, and Basketball. Most interesting notes:
1.) She was not highly recruited out of high school, and at one point McLaughlin had at least partially given up on getting her.
2.) Apparently not planning to try the pros after graduation.
David Perry
Penn '92
"Hail, Alma Mater/Thy sons cheer thee now
To thee, Pennsylvania/All rivals must bow!!!"

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.182 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:53 PM