Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Tape        (Topic#20095)
LionFan 
Senior

Reg: 11-07-06
03-08-17 06:42 PM - Post#225703    

I share the hope that Tape can build on this year to become a force next winter. He'll have to bulk up a bit, work on his post moves, and learn to defend and rebound without fouling. But two things troubled me about the minutes I saw him play this year: his hands and his toughness. He seemed to miss too many passes underneath, either letting them glance off his hands out of bounds or fumbling them in the lane. The toughness issue is just a perception, and one that might be corrected with maturity. Did anyone else see these issues, or am I too critical or just wrong about them?
Separately, has anyone heard anything about Shane Eberle? Is he still on the radar as a potential contributor? Also, Randall Brumant looks like he has developed a nice game based on his mid-season highlights from this year. More forcus has been on CU's other recruits. Any thoughts about his potential?

cc66 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-09-09
Tape
03-08-17 07:45 PM - Post#225720    
    In response to LionFan

I was going to ask the same question about Eberle. He was on the bench in street clothes during most games I attended, but he's been sitting there for two years, and we haven't heard anything more. Maybe someone knows something? We are going to have a shortage of big men next year, and it would be good if he could help

On a parallel note, we were once supposed to have a recruit by the name of Karthik Reddy. Has anyone heard any updates?

Finally, I noticed the same things in Tape--he often had the tentative look of a lost freshmen, did not seem particularly fierce, and had the ball stripped from him a couple of times. I hope what we saw is just a first year phenomena; if he bulks up and plays with passion, he and Faulds could alternate effectively at center.

Edited by cc66 on 03-08-17 07:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LionFan 
Senior

Reg: 11-07-06
Re: Tape
03-08-17 08:11 PM - Post#225729    
    In response to cc66

Reddy withdrew his commitment to CU. He is seeing limited action for Trinity of Texas, a D3 program that had an undistinguished, sub-.500 season. He chose to stay closer to home at an outstanding academic school.

Chet Forte 
Postdoc

Reg: 03-02-08
03-08-17 08:38 PM - Post#225736    
    In response to LionFan

Tape played at a very small high school with a very modest program. I do not know if he also played AAU ball, but assuming he didn't he probably did not have a chance to develop his skills and was relying on his obvious raw athletic ability. I think he has a huge upside.

Columbia Alum 
Junior

Reg: 11-15-11
03-09-17 10:32 AM - Post#225850    
    In response to Chet Forte

In Tape, I saw an aggressive and big talent who sometimes mishandled the ball. His only problem to me was fouling too often, which improved considerably over the season. Tape more than made up for those errors with his great rebounding, defense and decent scoring. We looked like a much better team every time he was our center. Statistically he did not foul or turn the ball over at a higher than normal rate. It was frankly short sighted for the coaching staff to play mccomber and voss each more than Tape. Tape not only scored and rebounded better than those two, but was a first year with the most potential to improve this year and then had 3 years ahead of him. He should have been played until he fouled out every game.

Tape was a statistical success and to your point LionFan, his in game performances impressed my eye test as well.

PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
03-09-17 10:43 AM - Post#225852    
    In response to Columbia Alum

I was really impressed with Tape in limited minutes and if he takes a typical growth trajectory both physically and mentally, he will be a force for the Lions.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.23 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:54 PM