Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Women's Wrapup/Opponent/Appeal for Support        (Topic#20127)
dperry 
Postdoc
dperry
Loc: Houston, TX
Reg: 11-24-04
03-11-17 11:16 PM - Post#226425    

Well, good times for Nwokedi (25) and Brzozoski (16) to equal their career highs; Nwokedi added in ten boards and seven blocks, and Stip contributed eight points (all in the later stages) and 13 boards. They shot 43.9 overall and 50% from 3, exactly what they needed to do, and held Brown to 33% from the floor. Would have liked to get a couple of more people in the game to get the starters rest, but they've been doing this for four years, I suppose they're not going to stop now.

After a poor first fifteen minutes offensively on both sides, Princeton went off on Harvard, although fortunately the Crimson put on a bit of a run in the 4th quarter to force the Tiger starters to remain in the game; they ended up using only seven for most of the game themselves. Final was 68-47. Well, once again, we're going to have to make sure we get at least 60, and 65 would be nice.

I'm going to make an appeal here. Any Penn fans who can possibly make it, please come down to the women's final at 4 tomorrow. With Princeton being in the men's final, it's likely that some of their fans will stick around for the women's game, and we want to make sure we keep up the home team advantage. Furthermore, this is a wonderful group of players, and they're coming to the end of their time together; if you haven't seen them yet, make sure that you do before it's too late. Let's help them make this their last game in the Palestra and to go out on a high note.
David Perry
Penn '92
"Hail, Alma Mater/Thy sons cheer thee now
To thee, Pennsylvania/All rivals must bow!!!"

section110 
Masters Student

Loc: south jersey
Reg: 11-22-04
Re: Women's Wrapup/Opponent/Appeal for Support
03-12-17 12:11 AM - Post#226432    
    In response to dperry

In the cliché of the day, they play the game right. This is a fun team to watch, and most deserving of support.

Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
03-12-17 12:49 AM - Post#226436    
    In response to section110

I'll have mixed feelings if/when our Tigers steal a bid tomorrow from a worthy Quaker women's team that has already defeated us twice, convincingly. True, I'll gloat a bit at Penn fans like those chanting with under 20 seconds left in the men's regulation this afternoon. My consolation is that, at least for the Quaker women seniors, they have been to the Dance before, and, they could/should receive a bid if they are upset, unlike the Princeton men.

SteveChop 
PhD Student

Reg: 07-28-07
03-12-17 12:54 PM - Post#226506    
    In response to Tiger69

What chanting from yesterday afternoon by the Penn fans before the game was over? I heard and saw none.

I DID hear the obnoxious (is that word even necessary) chants from the Princeton fans of "Let's Go Football" during the OT.

It all comes down to a fundamental law of nature - Princeton sucks! They always have and always will!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.44 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:16 AM