Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Looking forward to next season...        (Topic#20155)
Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
03-16-17 05:59 PM - Post#227387    

Let the speculation begin!

1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
Loc: Sandy, Utah
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Looking forward to next season...
03-17-17 05:16 AM - Post#227427    
    In response to Tiger69

We lose the minutes and leadership of Weisz, Cook, and Miller.

I'm hoping Aririguzoh backs up Gladson and Brennan. Maybe Bramlage gets a little more PT.

Based on Mike James' assessment that Much is one of the best incoming recruits in the league, he gets some of the Weisz/Cook time, along with perhaps Desrosiers.

Vittorio Reynoso-Avila was little seen this year but is a highly rated recruit, so maybe he gets some PT.

And there is always the hope for one more recruit, perhaps a big? Aririguzoh was a very late addition last year.

gokinsmen 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-06-10
Looking forward to next season...
03-17-17 07:32 AM - Post#227431    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

Whoever the coach is, I'm excited. Stephens, Cannady and Bell will anchor the team, and with Gladson, Brennan and one of the freshmen bigs, I think we'll have a good chance at another NCAA trip via the Ivy tourney.

Cannady is a baller and I know he's desperate to "redeem" himself after this near-miss. The future is bright. I really think the difference between NCAA success and failure is a quality big who can grab more rebounds and/or alter more shots.

Tiger81 
Masters Student
Tiger81
Loc: Montclair, NJ
03-17-17 07:47 AM - Post#227433    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

Starters? Door seems to be open for Much and Desrosiers given that LeBlanc and Bramlage have not been able to break through so far in their careers

- Gladson
- Stephens
- Much
- Bell
- Cannady

Subs? Depth is thin at G/F spots, big opportunity for Aaron Young and new recruits to play important roles next year

C: Brennan, Aririguzoh
F: Desrosiers, LeBlanc, Bramlage
G: Young, Morales, Schweiger

bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
03-19-17 10:44 AM - Post#227672    
    In response to Tiger81

Pretty much agree with the line up although I might switch reserves order of reserves at F and G. So much of the Tiger's performance will depend on the ability of Much to be a starter. He has the right height and athleticism/skill level. He reminds me of a more skilled player than Ian Hummer at his age but you never know what is his mental make up.

In all likelihood, the batting order preseason will be Harvard, Yale, Princeton and Penn as to the picks although Makai Mason coming back is the true wild card. If he is back in good health, Yale will be very tough. The only graduation that will hurt Yale is Downey as Dallier is replaceable. The graduation of Weisz and Cook really hurts the Tigers.

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
03-19-17 01:04 PM - Post#227687    
    In response to bradley

I expect Cannady to end up taking a lot more shots and it will be interesting to see how that affects him and the team. Obviously it's hard to keep your efficiency high when you do that, but he strikes me as a guy who would be relieved to know that he was going to get a lot of attempts with a green light. If he continues to play the point, though, and Princeton keeps the same style of offense as this year, then he may not have that freedom given Weisz's absence. Somebody is going to have to focus on getting the ball to the other side of the floor and on driving and kicking out to the three-point line.

Tiger69 
Postdoc

Re: Looking forward to next season...
03-19-17 01:20 PM - Post#227693    
    In response to gokinsmen

Scre@ the tourney -- let's not concede the real title yet. Sure h will be loaded, but anything can happen -- injuries, failures to live up to expectations, discontent, academics ... and other unmentionables that all have precedents in the past. But also, like this year, maybe we just kick butt. And, even if we don't there are at least two other teams that have a say in h's self coronation.

And if the League comes to its senses, the silly tourney will no longer determine the bid. Rather, it will determine the consolation prize for the runner(s) up, as it should. I shall continue to beat this drum.

Cooper 
Sophomore

Reg: 11-22-04
03-19-17 01:42 PM - Post#227696    
    In response to Tiger69

"And if the League comes to its senses, the silly tourney will no longer determine the bid. Rather, it will determine the consolation prize for the runner(s) up, as it should."

I don't think the committee would look favorably on an Ivy League regular season champion that couldn't even win its own postseason tournament when determining the seeds. The cow is out of the barn and you are just going to have to live with it.

Tiger69 
Postdoc

03-19-17 01:52 PM - Post#227705    
    In response to Cooper

So, we play a game of ping pong and I win the first two games 21-3. Then you say, "0K, next point wins the match"....

To borrow a phrase, get over it.

TigerFan 
PhD Student

03-19-17 02:34 PM - Post#227715    
    In response to Tiger69

I expect Richmond Aririguzoh to play a lot more minutes next year. My understanding is that he really hasn't played a lot of basketball and should improve quite a bit between freshman and sophomore years.

Tiger69 
Postdoc

03-19-17 02:52 PM - Post#227719    
    In response to TigerFan

Hope so. He looks pretty high energy.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.224 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:23 PM