Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Fall '17 Class Profile        (Topic#20282)
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
05-23-17 09:23 AM - Post#229567    

The men's basketball program and the Cornell Daily Sun profiled the Fall 2017 incoming 6-person class, which includes 5 first-years and a transfer junior.

Jimmy Boeheim (First-Year Forward), Steven Julian (Junior Forward), Bryan Knapp (First-Year Guard), Jake Kuhn (First-Year Forward/Guard), Terrance McBride (First-Year Guard), Riley Voss (First-Year Forward)

http://www.cornellbigred.com/news/2017/5/22/mens-b ...

http://cornellsun.com/2017/05/12/mens-baske tballs-...

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
05-23-17 10:33 PM - Post#229595    
    In response to rbg

That's a lot of guys. Some sound intriguing.

SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
06-16-17 03:00 PM - Post#230150    
    In response to SRP

Also appears that Bayless is no longer on the roster.

rbg 
Postdoc

06-30-17 08:51 AM - Post#230479    
    In response to SomeGuy

An update on Jimmy Boeheim, while he is playing in the King of Kings Summer Basketball League.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/inde x.ssf...

Jimmy Boeheim has spent nearly every day since returning from prep school in the Melo Center, where he has worked, mostly with former SU guard Eric Devendorf, on improving his game. He lifts, does yoga and plays pickup basketball with current Orange players still in Syracuse for summer school. He then spends time under Devendorf's tutelage. The former SU guard is an assistant strength and conditioning coach for the Orange.

"He's helped me a lot," Boeheim said. "He's worked on my shot, ball-handling, creating my own shot. Pretty much everything. He's really good."

"We're working on the mechanics of his shot. He's a good shooter, but he's a little bit inconsistent," Devendorf said. "For him, it's working on his handle, trying to put it on the ground better and get to the basket. We've been playing pickup and he's been showing a lot of improvement in that area. He looks like a college player in terms of when I last saw him play. He's definitely making strides."

Jimmy Boeheim is 6-foot-7. On Wednesday, he played a bit of point forward, handling the ball up top and attempting to either reach the rim with his dribble or find an open teammate. He said he sees himself as a facilitator who can score when the opportunity arises. Cornell, he said, is getting a versatile player coaches can slot into multiple positions.

He has worked, over the past couple years, on transforming his body and elevating his speed and quickness.

"I've definitely been in the weight room a lot getting stronger, getting faster and getting quicker," he said. "I've always kind of struggled with my athleticism. The workouts I've done in the last couple years have really helped. I'm just trying to keep getting better."

rbg 
Postdoc

11-05-18 09:24 AM - Post#264234    
    In response to rbg

Jim Boeheim gave an abbreviated scouting report on his three kids for the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle paper.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/...

Jimmy Boeheim, Cornell, 6-8 sophomore forward

“He wanted the Ivies, he’s in the business school at Cornell, he’s the smartest one in the family and he works at it. The rest of us aren’t that motivated to work at that, but he does and he’s a really good student. Cornell is a perfect fit for him. They have a good team, he played as a freshman, I think he’ll have a really good career there. He’s 6-8 but he shoots it, he handles the ball well, he’s gotten a lot stronger and can rebound. 6-8 is big in the Ivy league and he’ll be able to do some of that stuff.’’

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.26 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:19 AM